I have the same problem - clock set is grayed out. Called
Panasonic tech support .. this is the solution I was given. It
works, but too bad the root problem can't be fixed (bug ridden unit).
Solution is to "reset" the unit - then go back into the menu
system and set the clock. How to reset the unit (don't
worry - anything on the HD stays intact):
1) go to DVD mode
2) remove any DVD in player & close tray
3) on front panel, behind door - press & hold BOTH channel up &
down keys for 5-10 secdons -- until you see a message that the system
4) wait till it reboots, go back in the menu and set the time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you receive your channels through your local cable company, nothing will change. The DMR-EH55 will continue to work normally. If you receive your channels with your rooftop antenna you'll need a Digital to Analog TV Converter Box. The unit itself will not receive digital signals directly.
The Panasonic DMR-EH50 can be reset like it was brand new. I assume the DMR-EH55 can be also. The up and down channel buttons are located on the front of the unit behind the small door in the center. With the unit on press and hold these two buttons for atleast 10 seconds. This will restore the unit like it was new and you will need to go thru set up procedure. The above action will put the unit in the off position. When you turn it on it will guide you thru the set up procedure. Once this is complete you can press the setup button and manually set the clock, however, the unit will need to be shut down for 24 hours to allow the tv stations line-up to be restored.
(1) Remove all discs from the unit.
(2) Set the unit to DVD Mode
(3) From the front panel of the unit, open the middle door to display the up and down channel buttons
(4) Press and hold both the up and down channel buttons until the unit displays "BYE" and then flashes "12:00 A"
(5) Release the up and down channel buttons
(6) This will clear the unit and you will be prompted to reset the TV Guide Settings
(7) Setup your TV Guide according to the on screen display
(8) From your remote select "SETUP"
(9) Scroll down to "Setup", right arrow to the options on the right, and down arrow to "Clock Settings"
(10) Select "Set Clock Manually" if your TV Guide Function is not providing you with the proper time
i have panasonic DMR-eh55 dvd and for the first time when i played that it was in japanies language thus i tried to convert the language in to english through remote control i selected one by one thus suddenly there came a message U302 and now when i play my dvd and as i press remote control it show on dvd screen U302. please how my remote will work again and how can i get the solution so that my remote control works....