When the tv is in single picture mode it looks fine, but when I switch it to picture in picture, the PIP video feed comes in for about 1 sec, fades to static, then snaps back in, all on a 2 second cycle. This only happens if the PIP is the cable tv mode and only ever appears in the PIP screen.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the problem you have is the video goes thru the pip board first and the pip board has a problem this is a known problem. the pip board has some capacitors that leak on the board. the model you mention is CS-27MX1 not XM1 but anyway the back casing was made for several sets of that size. so the pip is the problem and the bulletin is as follows;
1. NO MAIN VIDEO,THERE IS VIDEO IN PIP ON EXT1 AND EXT2:-CHECK FOR 1VPP OF LUMINANCE ON PIN 1 OF IC7000, IF MISSING OR LOW CHECK THE VALUE OF C7001 (4.7UF 35V), LOCATED ON THE PIP-PCB.THIS CAP MAY LEAK ELECTROLYTE ONTO THE BOARD AND OPENED A FEED THROUGH IN THE PATH BETWEEN C7001 POSITIVE LEAD AND THE EMITTER OF Q7003 OR CAUSE INTERMITTENT COLOR. PT#181P504090. 2. NO MAIN OR PIP VIDEO, CHECK CHECK C7014, 47 UFD 35V ON THE PIP PCB. PART # 181P502060 3. CHECK FOR 7.2V DC ON THE BASE OF Q7003,IF LOW OR MISSING.CHECK THE VALUE OF R7002 (150 OHM 1/10W).LOCATED ON THE PIP-PWB. PT#103P401050
you can by pass this by removing the pip board and jumping the VP connector pins 7 to 9 and 5 to 11
1. NO VIDEO, BUT HAS VIDEO WITH PIP ON. CHECK C763 (1UF 50V) ON THE BASE OF Q715, LOCATED ON THE UCOM-PCB. 2. NO MAIN VIDEO, THERE IS VIDEO IN PIP ON EXT1 AND EXT2:-CHECK FOR 1VPP OF LUMINANCE ON PIN 1 OF IC7000, IF MISSING OR LOW CHECK THE VALUE OF C7001 (4.7UF 35V), LOCATED ON THE PIP-PCB. THIS CAP MAY LEAK ELECTROLYTE ONTO THE BOARD AND OPENED A FEED THROUGH IN THE PATH BETWEEN C7001 POSITIVE LEAD AND THE EMITTER OF Q7003 OR CAUSE INTERMITTENT COLOR. PART # 181P504090. (CHECK ALL 'SMD' ELECTROLYTICS AND TRACES ON PIP) 3. NO MAIN OR PIP VIDEO, CHECK C7014, 47 UFD 16V ON THE PIP PCB. PART # 181P502060 4. CHECK FOR 7.2V DC ON THE BASE OF Q7003, IF LOW OR MISSING. CHECK THE VALUE OF R7002 (150 OHM 1/10W).LOCATED ON THE PIP-PWB. PART # 103P401050 5. SUSPECT R2045/R2048 (6.8 OHM 3W) FOR OPEN/RAISED VALUE. LOCATED ON PCB-SIGNAL AT 5V REGULATOR IC2003 PIN 5.
i am not familiar with this model, but on most sets you will have a button on the remote to activate pip, when active you should be able to adjust channels on the small display with the remote and cycle through inputs. depending on the tv you will either have 2 inputs for your cable/sat/tv feed, or will have 1 with a dual tuner. check the connections in the back for a second cable input, or hook up a dvd/vcr/game console/etc to test the pip. start dvd or tape playing, press pip button to display the mini-screen, then use the tv/vcr or input button to cycle through the modes and see if one pops up. most tvs that have pip will also have a swap button on the remote, it may be labeled with text, or it may just look like one screen overlaying another, press that one to swap between displays.
I was told that in order to view 2 different channels at the same time u have to subscribe to SKYCable and use the digital input instead of the antenna input and the antenna input you will have to use the regular antenna since there is only one tuner in the TV
If your set has Picture in Picture, I would say your problem is with the PIP module. if it does not have PIP then the problem is most likly in the video switching or the video processor Printed circuit board. if you know anything about solid stae serviceing, there is a modification I will include here for the PIP as the module is no longer available and has to be jumped out of the curcuit.. Good Luck. Follow the picture and instuctions to the "T"
PS please do not forget to rate this thread
You mention that the unit is 2 months old. It should be under warranty and should be covered by the store you purchased it from or the manufacturer. If you or any unauthorized person works on it you will void the warranty and besides that's what you paid for when you bought it. Have it looked at by the appropriate warranty person or facility.