Question about KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand Mixer

2 Answers

110V 6ohz - 220V 50hz

I'm planning to operate a 110V 60 Hz mixer at 220V 50Hz, using a voltage converter for the 110-220V.
Is the speed control of the motor depends on the current frequency, or isn't?


Posted by ttuanwa on

  • ttuanwa Jul 08, 2009

    I live in the USA for 3 Years and i would like to buy the kitchenaid now, after the 3 years i go back to germany an take the kitchenaid with me. there is no warranty after this time, mi question is: Is the speed control of the motor depends on the current frequency 60hz/50hz, or isn't? What kind of motor is build in? Thanks



2 Answers


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 145 Answers

Kitchenaid mixers are not recommended on the use of a converter as they are not tested under such conditions. Understanding this, using a convertor on your mixer may automatically void the 1 year warranty regardless of age.

There are international Kitchenaid dealers available if you are requiring 110V. You may contacted Kitchenaid Customer Service for more information.

Their toll-free telephone number is 1-800-541-6390.

Posted on Jul 08, 2009


TheSweet Stuff

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

When traveling to countries with 220 voltage, is there any danger of overheating, or should I use a voltage converter?

You simply can't use any 110V device at 220V, be it a cellphone converter or a food mixer.. Some artifacts have a switch to be used at 110/220 and those, once changed to 220V, can be used.

Jul 01, 2015 | Food Mixers

1 Answer

Want to operate my kenwood mixer from Europe in the us. What do I need to step up 110 to 220 ?

the best would be to just by a us 110v mixer...making 110 to 220 is not as simple as it sounds ,another issue is Europe has220 @ 50hz and us 110 @ 60hz ...

Nov 17, 2013 | Food Mixers

2 Answers

I plugged my 110v KG25H3XWH mixer into a 220v outlet via a voltage transformer and turned it on. It immediately sparked, popped, emitting a burnt smell and tripped the circuit breaker. Is it possible for...

First here is the link to a good suuplier with OEM parts for 110 and 220 volt

you can change any KA mixer from 110 to 220 and 220 to 110, you need the armature stato phase control board and speed swith for eith conversion, the 220 madel number or 220 model has a letter in front of the ka which is the indicator for 220 volt go to for a exploded parts list and part numbers look any where for a KA 220 volt model and you can find the same thing

Oct 04, 2013 | KitchenAid Food Mixers

1 Answer

Is it perfectly safe to use a transformer for 120V/60Hz products? Kitchenaid mixers are way cheaper abroad...for a 220V/60Hz using country,this poses a big issue for me...with all the talks about hazards...

Short answer- no problem, but please read on...

First, economics are an issue- there is more than one way to convert VOLTAGE, the ;best' in this case is by using a heavy coil-wound TRANSFORMER (not simply a device being called a transformer or 'converter'; terms often misused) but virtually NO means of converting FREQUENCY (60Hz USA vs 50Hz Eu)
Extended use at wrong frequency has been known, by personal experience, to cause overheat and premature failure of many devices.
Heat is an issue for a hidden reason in the classic models due to their 'mechanical fuse' which is designed to limit serious damage in event of overload (too thick batter mixed for too long)- the device will yield at lighter work-load as the moter heats to greater levels- it is prudent to be always aware of the 'running temperature'.
There are subtle differences in the motor winding design, and you may find difficulty finding repair parts for any relatively minor electrical issues (mechanicals are the same in classic models)

If you have talent for house wiring better to use seperate 220 line, as if for a dryer or electric stove- its more efficient overall.
If you have 60Hz 220 V mixer, (most are 50Hz 'tuned' at 220Volts) a step-up transformer to bring your US 60Hz current UP to 220 volts to suit your mixer will not harm your mixer if it supplys sufficient Amps or Wattage (you likely must convert; Volts multiplied by Amps gives Watts)... But you can easily pay out near half the cost of a mixer to get a quality transformer into your kitchen and still, it remains a weak-link; you can only get quality if you pay for it...
...but the 220V outlet permits use of commercial appliances with all the durability, convenience, and prestiege they afford.

Artesian models with 'soft start' and inverter-technology speed control use much more electronics to feed the motor- they should be supplied as close to true sine-wave power for the same reasons as computer UPS battery back-ups.

In general, and by experience, its best overall to buy the appliance designed for use in the location required. If you feed the appliance the power it was designed to use it has no way of knowing how it got there. The question mark is with the output of the power conversion device.

Oct 19, 2011 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

2 Answers

I just bought KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer KSM150PS with 110v and 60Hz online and received it today and realised I cannot use it on australia. Can I use transformer which I can get here to convert 110V...

You need a Step Down Voltage Converter (also called a Voltage Transformer)
which steps down 240, 230, 220 volts to 110 volts and
allows you to use 110 volts Devices from USA in 220 v / 230 v / 240 v Countries

Aug 10, 2011 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

1 Answer

Hi .. am in a country that has 220V power outlets. What do I need to use my kitchen ais that has 120V, 60hz and a maximum of 330 Watts requirements?

You need a Step Down Voltage Converter (also called a Voltage Transformer)
which steps down 240, 230, 220 volts to 110 volts and
allows you to use 110 volts Devices from USA in 220 v / 230 v / 240 v Countries

Aug 04, 2011 | KitchenAid Artisan KSM150PSSM Stand Mixer

1 Answer

Change Hobart N-50 110 V / 60 Hz to 230 V / 50 Hz

You would need to provide the correct power to match the maching, or replace the rotor, stator, controls to match the higher voltage, and worm gears to correct the speed, from 60 to 50 Hz. Unless you don't mind it running slower. Cheaper to find one that matches your local spec..

Sep 25, 2009 | Hobart N50 Stand Mixer

2 Answers

Kitchen aid stand mixer bought in US, moving to Europe, 220v 50hz

I can not respond to the warranty issues. My kitchen aid mixer is past warranty as well. I live in a country that uses 220V and my kitchen aid mixer is 110V. I have been using my kitchen aid mixer for almost 4 years with no problems at all.

The converter boxes are supposed to blow the fuse on the converter before it reaches your appliance and cause any problems.

If you purchase a 220V kitchen aid (although it would cost more money) it would probably have more power because of the higher voltage.

Hope this helps!

Jul 29, 2009 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

2 Answers

Kitchen aid mixer, voltage issue

i want to buy a kitchen aid

and i was wondering about the voltage since i'm in Qatar

and i found this answer , Hope its useful

Nov 10, 2008 | KitchenAid KITCHEN AID 5 Quart Artisan...

1 Answer

Kitchenaid mixer professional motor

DO NOT DO IT. The Hz will destroy the morotr. The transofrmer only converts the voltage. You are better off buying a 220V version.

Apr 07, 2008 | KitchenAid Food Mixers

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand Mixer Logo

1,301 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Food Mixers Experts

Appliance engineer

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22485 Answers

Lee Hodgson
Lee Hodgson

Level 3 Expert

4810 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Food Mixer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides