Question about Lenovo ThinkPad R61 Notebook
I need to factory reset my lenovo thinkpad r61
Please follow the steps below to reset the lenovo to factory settings
Note: All your data will be lost. So keep that in mind.
So take the backup of your data first in a separate HDD or flash drive.
1. Switch off the Computer
2. Press the power button and then immediately start tapping f11 key on the top of your keyboard.
3. You will hear a beep sound and then stop pressing it.
4. You will get the screen says windows is loading files. Wait untill it finishes.
5. Select the default language which is US and Click on next .
6. Enter your login credentials (username and password) if you use to login to the windows.
7. Then you will get the system Recovery Options screen where you need to select the last option "Lenovo Product Recovery"
8. Again preferred language will be English US and hit Next.
9. Accept the terms and conditions and hit next and then hit Yes on the warning.
10. Then it will start resetting the Lenovo Think pad to the factory default with no previous data. Same as when you purchased it.
If you have any query you can ask before restoring the Computer.
Hope this helps you. Reply if that fixes your issue.
Posted on May 07, 2014
There are audio drives for this laptop, they will work for Windows, XP, Vista, & Windows 2000. They are on this site:
Just install and the laptop should recognize them. It if doesn't then that means the onboard video is bad.
Posted on Apr 21, 2010
SOURCE: lenovo r61
Please look here:
Drivers and software - ThinkPad R61
Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate software
03 Apr 2008
Windows XP, 2000 25 Aug 2008
Microsoft Bluetooth support
Windows XP 21 Sep 2005
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
SOURCE: Lenovo ThinkPad R61 Fan
Were you able to fix it? I took out the fan and cleaned it with a toothbrush (didn't disassemble it). If it worked, can you provide some insight into what you did?
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
To reset the BIOS password read the information from this link.
In case of your laptop the easiest method would be using software from Hiren's Boot CD as it's pretty hard to open it up and reach for the CMOS battery or the jumper and I wouldn't recommend doing it especially if it's under warranty.
Posted on Jan 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2013 | IBM Lenovo ThinkPad R61 Notebook
Mar 04, 2011 | Dynamic 2GB RAM Memory Upgrade for the IBM...
Jan 21, 2011 | Lenovo ThinkPad R61 Notebook
Mar 03, 2018 | Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
Nov 04, 2008 | Lenovo ThinkPad R61 Notebook
458 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: