- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
Setting the Clock
1. Press and hold the CLOCK button until the hour begins to flash
2. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to change the hour.
3. Press the CLOCK button again. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons
to change the minutes.
4. Press the CLOCK button again to save.
the PRESET stations:
1. Tune to desired station.
2. Press and hold the PRESET button until the PRE-SET indicator on the display begins to flash
3. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to select the PRESET location for the station. Ten locations (0-9) are available.
4. Press the PRESET button to save the location. To tune a PRESET station:
Press and release the PRESET button to step
through the PRESET stations.
PRESET RADIO STATIONS 1 press RADIO BAND. AUTO PRESET to select the band. 2 Hold down RADIO BAND > AUTO PRESET for 2 seconds until "AUTO"flashes in the display 3 Press DSPL/ENT/MEM. The stations are stored in the memory from the lower frequencies to the higher ones.
if a station can not be preset automatically. you need to preset a station manually. 1 press RADIO BAND. AUTO PRESET to select the band. 2 tune int he station you want.
3 hold down DSPL/ENT/MEM. for 2 seconds until the preset number flashes in the display. 4 press PRESET + or - until the preset number you watn for the station flashes in the display. 5 press DSPL/ENT/MEM. The new station replaces any old one.
TIP the preset radio stations remain in memory even when all power is disconnected.
manual available at sony http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CFDF10.pdf
The best way to do this is to be very patient. find the station you want to preset and simply touch and hold the number you want to save it at on the touch screen. the station will pause for a split second and then you will see it on the display of the presets
when u get it to the radio station u like.... on ur cd player u should have buttons 1-6 or somethin close.... when ur at the station u want to be preset... pick a number 1-6 and hold that number in for about 5 seconds... it should notify u some how... it should preset itself when u do this
Holding the button is supposed to work. This from owner's manual:
PRESETTING A STATION:
Tune in the desired station.
Push one of the station selector buttons (1-6) and hold it until a beep is heard. This sets the station to the button and the button number (1-6) appears on the display.
Each button can store one AM station and two FM stations. To change the preset station to a different one, follow the same procedure.
The preset station memory is cancelled when the power source is interrupted by battery disconnection or a blown fuse.
Try just holding the button of choice down. In my Audi, when I had a factory head unit, to set for example, preset 2, I'd just tune to the station I wanted to program, and then hold down the number 2 preset button until the display stopped blinking. It was then preset.