Question about Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: canon pixma mp220
I had the same problem, and this is the fix.
1. Go to Canon's website and find the "Drivers and Downloads" section. From there, you will need to specify the subcategories of your hardware, and then your specific model (for example: Hybrid (i.e.-Printer & Scanner), Inkjet, MP470 Series)
2. When you find the proper page for your model printer, select your operating system from the drop down list.
3. Scroll down the page. You will see all versions of the drivers and programs to download. Download the latest version of the driver. You should also download the "My Printer" program. This is useful for troubleshooting and maintenance.
4. Keep scrolling until you find the "MP Navigator" program. This is a very important program, and is necessary for the scanner to operate properly. Download this program.
5. One MP Navigator is downloaded, verify that the scanner will use this program when it operates. To do this, go to the Start menu, click on Control Panel, click on Scanners and Cameras, click the printer that you will be using, then click properties. Click the tab at the top that says "Events." You will then see a drop down menu with the options Save to PC, Save as PDF, etc. Verify for each option that your computer is either opening the MP Navigator program, or that the computer will prompt you on which program to open.
This should get your scanner working. Hope this helps!
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2015 | Canon Ink Cartridge for Pixma MP252
Mar 11, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Aug 10, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Aug 06, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
May 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jun 15, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!