Question about Yamaha Rx-v565 Receiver
It acts like it wants to play, but then shuts off. red indicator light will stay on for all 3 attempts but after the 3rd attemp fails, then the red light is off and you can't get it bck until you unplug from the wall and replug it back in.
Posted by Anonymous on
I have the same problem with my unit. It started today so I went and unplugged all wires(inputs and outputs) going to the unit. I plugged the receiver in and still the same results. Was there an answer to this question.
Posted on Mar 08, 2015
SOURCE: yamaha rx-v461 not working
Does the reciever have separate speaker switches?
Try turning off the speakers and turning on the amp.
If it doesnt have speaker switches , make sure ALL the speakers are connected at both ends and try turning on the amp again.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
leave unpluged overnight. usually capacitors hold charge and will release slowly. try that if doesnt work powersupply is bad.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
clearly your receiver is going into protect mode. you do not say whether you have speakers hooked up. if you do the FIRST place to look is to the connections on the rear panel. You'd be surprised. Sometimes a frayed wire (even a single strand) is touching the opposite polarity causing the short putting your receiver into protect mode. If this is not the case I do not suggest you take your receiver apart, as a professional repair is probably in order.
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Testimonial: "I have not had this unit very long and have not done much testing on it but this possible solution is very valid and will be tested, Thank you !"
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2016 | Craig Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 08, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 29, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Jun 18, 2011 | LG WM2301HW Front Load Washer
1. Turn the power off, wait until the power indicator turns off blinking red, then unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and confirm that the area around the lamp unit has cool down.
2. Remove the front cover procedure. Place your finger tips under the cover and pull it from the projection display.
3. Before loosening the lamp cover screw, first read the caution and warning labels in the lamp cover. Then loosen the lamp cover screw by using a screwdriver.
4. Loosen the lamp unit screw with a screwdriver. Then grasp the lamp unit, Figure 2, by the lamp unit handle and slowly remove it from the projection display.
5. Insert the new unit being careful being careful of the insertion direction. Press in the arrow mark making sure insertion is done correctly.
6. Replace the lamp unit and cover screw. Tighten the unit cover screw with a screw driver.
a. Properly dispose of the old lamp. Please see the operating instruction of the projection display unit.
b. NOTE: attached the lamp unit and lamp unit housing door securely. If the lamp unit and the lamp unit housing are not attached securely, the protective circuit will be activated and the lamp will not turn on.
7. Replace the front cover.
The second step, after lamp replacement is to follow the three steps procedure described below:
Warning: Perform lamp time reset only when the lamp has been replaced.
In order to complete the lamp time reset procedures:
1. Be sure the power cord is plugged into a properly grounded wall outlet. Then, press the POWER button the projection display or the remote control to turn the unit on.
2. While pressing the VOL - button, hold down the PIP or the SPLIT button on the remote control at the same time for more the 5 seconds.
3. When the reset procedure is complete, the projection display screen will show the following message "Lamp time was reset to 0."
1. The writing in the screen may be different from the actual screen described above.
2. When lamp time reset is finished, the lamp indicator goes out.
Feb 23, 2011 | Panasonic PT-50LCZ70 50" HDTV
Jan 20, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 03, 2007 | Sharp AF-S85FX Wall/Window Air Conditioner
Jun 06, 2007 | Yamaha RX-V630 Receiver
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: