Question about Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
1. Position your wireless router (or wireless access point) in a central location.When possible, place your wireless router in a central location in your home
2. Move the router off the floor and away from walls and metal objects (such as metal file cabinets).
3. Replace your router's antenna.The antennas supplied with your router are designed to be omni-directional, meaning they broadcast in all directions around the router
4. Replace your computer's wireless network adapter.Wireless network signals must be sent both to and from your computer.
5. Add a wireless repeater.Wireless repeaters extend your wireless network range without requiring you to add any wiring
6. Change your wireless channel.
7. Reduce wireless interference.If you have cordless phones or other wireless electronics in your home, your computer might not be able to "hear" your router over the noise from the other wireless devices
8. Update your firmware or your network adapter driver.Router manufacturers regularly make free improvements to their routers
9. Pick equipment from a single vendor.While a Linksys router will work with a D-Link network adapter, you often get better performance if you pick a router and network adapter from the same vendor
10. Upgrade 802.11b devices to 802.11g.802.11b is the most common type of wireless network, but 802.11g is about five times faster
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
First go to your Network connections and make sure you have your wireless connection enabled,this is of course assuming that you have a wirless router on your cable/dsl modem, in this window you will see all connections on your computer, you can also create a new connection, you might also, if you are connected to a router create a home or small office network , the reason that it is only detecting your wired connection is because a lot of cable/DSL companies do not support/troubleshoot wireless/router problems and threfore do not install with disk provided,and you must have a wireless router to get wireless connection all cable/dsl modems are hard wired unless you add the router to make it wireless, wireless zero service is only so windows can control you wireless connection, the only way it wold be turned off is if you install a third party application i.e a wirless G network adapter, wich has its own application.
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
If this laptop has a wireless switch, make sure it's on.
Did you get the wireless hub?
Wireless is controlled by the wireless zero service, which should turn on automatically when your adapter is detected.
You can turn it on manually in Control Panel/Admin Tools/Services
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | Cisco Linksys Wirelessn Router Black...
May 31, 2011 | Just Wireless Bluetooth Headset Wireless...
Mar 14, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Sep 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2007 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 04, 2007 | SMC Barricade g SMC2804WBRP-G Wireless...
Jan 21, 2007 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Feb 16, 2006 | Microsoft Broadband Networking MN-100...
527 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: