The Sony Notebook computers are shipped either with the Arcsoft WebCam Companion or the VAIO Camera Capture Utility.
1. Click on start, in the search bar type, Webcam Companion or VAIO Camera Capture Utility to find what is shipped.
2. If both are missing, then check if the drivers are installed for teh camera in device manager.
Press the Windows logo+R keys together to open Run Window.
3. In the Run Window, type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes and press the enter key.
4. In the device manager window, check if Imaging Devices is listed and has the Sony Visual Communication Camera driver installed.
5. If that is missing then, install the respictive software i.e; Webcam Comapnion or the Visual communination driver and camera capture utility.
You can install the drivers from the Sony support home page.
I could have provided the link if there would have been the exact model # of the notebook provided by you.
However, if the software is installed, then follow the steps to use the cam with VAIO Camera Capture Utility from the below link.
To use the cam with WebCam Companion Software follow the steps from the below provided link: