An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: wep key entering
Network key is very case sensitive no spaces should be there even if there are spaces or a dash when you see it in the router page but when you are entering it in the laptop it should be continous,and make sure you make a note whether the alphabets are in upper or lower case..since it is case sensitive it need to be entered exactly the way it is setup in the router..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The WEP key is a password that is used to protect wireless routers/connection points from un-authorized access. If you are using your own router, go into the settings and look for the WEP key (which you can also change) which is what you need to enter in your game system in order for it to use the connection.
How to setup WEP on a Belkin N1 Wireless Router F5D8231-4 v5000
1. Log into the router. To do this you will need to open your web browser and enter http://192.168.2.1 Note If you change the default IP address then you will need that address to log into the router.Normally it is the Gateway IP.You can check this by opening CMD via the Run command window.Once it is open then type ipconfig and hit enter.
2. Click Login in the upper right hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click submit.
3. Next you will click on the Wireless heading then Security in the left hand column.
4. Select “128-bit WEP” or “64-bit WEP” from the drop-down menu.
5. Next you can enter your WEP key manually by typing in the hex values in the space provided, or you can type a passphrase in the “PassPhrase” field and click “Generate” to create a WEP key from the passphrase. Click “Apply Changes” to finish.
Note a hexadecimal key is a mixture of numbers and letters from A–F and 0–9. 64-bit keys are 10 digits long and can be divided into five two-digit numbers. 128-bit keys are 26 digits long and can be divided into 13 two-digit numbers.
At this point you should have your WEP setup.When you connect your computer to the wireless router you will be prompt forthe WEP key you just set up.
The default pass key is 0000 but before entering the key in your mobile, you'll have to enter your wep 495 into a pairing mode which you can do by pressing & holding the call button till the led gets stable. Thanks & Regards Vaibhav Y. Dhakate
for finding wep key you willhave to access the firmpage of router then under advance section where you have entered wep key uncheck the option hide wep key it will display the key to you or you can also enter a new key if you want,.
in order to access the fism ware of the router please type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar it will display the firm page of the router.
open your Internet browser, in the address line, inset 192.168.0.1, then: ->
set the administrator password, note that you have to set the same password
some security as well, other vice your neighbor will use your network, - and
that you don’t want, as you don’t know what and where he go on the internet.
27 in your manual, you find the way to set the wireless settings.
37 in your manual, you find a way to set MAC address settings. Thise settings
allow only those MAC addresses as you put in the table. You find
your own MAC address like this: ->Start->run->write
cmd and hit enter; a black DOS window open, write ipconfig /all (note the space
before /all). Here you find your MAC address – note that there is two cards in
your laptop, and the card you want the MAC address for is the wireless card.
regards Teis plz let me know if you need furter help.
Ask your Internet service provider for the network IP. Go on the internet browser on the computer that has the router attached and enter that number. enter the user and pass for the router (normally the user is admin and the password is password). Open up the wireless tab and enter your wep key into the space and now the router needs a wep key to access the network.
Pairing: Press and hold until you see a solid blue light (approximately 8 sec) then release.
Search with your blue tooth phone for a bluetooth device and if finds samsung wep-150.
enter pass key or pin: 0000