Question about Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Posted by Anonymous on
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. Dont use the setup cd, sometimes it works, sometimes its not. here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
if you have any querry pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
it says the HDD is not compatible with the router....
it might be due to the file system in HDD....
At this moment, the Belkin N+ Router and Modem-Router, F5D8235 and F5D8635 work with the FAT, FAT32, and NTFS file systems only.
Versions of the F5D8235 firmware earlier than 1.01.24 may fail to detect a drive that contains a mix of supported and unsupported file systems. This was fixed in firmware 1.01.24, available from the Belkin UK Support Site
We have seen a few compatibility problems with drives not being recognised and we are investigating these to get them fixed.
We have also seen occasions where a drive was not detected by the router or modem-router due to a poor quality USB cable. If a bus-powered drive does not spin up, the first thing to do is to make sure that a good quality cable is used. Even self-powered drives may fail to be recognised when using poor quality cables. Even though the cable may work when the drive is connected direct to a PC, always try a different (good quality) cable as part of troubleshooting drive detection problems.
Tech Support: If you come across a drive that is not being recognised by the Router or Modem-Router, please check on the hidden page http://192.168.2.1/storage_disk.html if the router has detected anything at all. Make sure that the drive works when connected directly to a Windows computer and try a good quality USB cable as mentioned above.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!