- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your manual for instructions about this type of problem. Are you using the ink cartridges meant for your printer? Sometimes using refillable cartridges instead of the manufacturer's cartridges can cause the printer to still think the cartridges are empty, and display an 'on-screen' message that they need to be replaced, which could stop the printer from engaging. I have a Canon Pixma printer, installed refillable cartridges, and now the unit displays a 'cartridges are empty' message on PC screen; but the printer still works. The system just recently went into a non-printable mode displaying a more convincing message that the black cartridge is EMPTY, and completely stopped printing. The solution to this: press and hold the Stop/Reset button for about five seconds, and it overrode the issue and started printing. Moral of the story, maybe its best to just buy the manufacturer's printer cartridges.
YOU NEED TO LET THE PRINTER RE-ALIGN ITSELF AFTER INSTALLING PRINT CARTRIDGES, THE PRINTER SHOULD HAVE PAPER IN IT TO DO THIS, THE TEST PAGE PRINTED WILL THEN NEED TO BE PLACED IN THE PRINTER ON THE GLASS, PRESS SCAN, THIS SHOULS RESET YOUR PRINTER.
To install the cartridges, please follow the steps given below:
1. Press "Setup" until "Cartridge" appears on the display.
2. Press the "Right arrow" button until "Change cartridge" appears on the second row of the display.
3. Press "Enter/Select." Now you may install the cartridges in the cartridge carrier.
4. Press "Right arrow" to select the color cartridge type that you installed, once "Left Cartridge?" appears on the display.
5. Press "Enter/Select."
6. Press "Right arrow" to select the black cartridge type that you installed, once "Right Cartridge?" appears in the display.
7. Press "Enter/Select."
An alignment test page should print if "New Cartridge" is selected.
You need to clean NVRAM on Lexmark X5470 printer. Please follow the steps given below to clear NVRAM on Lexmark X5470 printer:
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Hold down "#5" button and turn the printer back on.
3. Keep holding "#5" button for about 5-10 seconds. 4. Press "Menu" button once.
5. Press the right arrow until display shows "Tools."
6. Press "Check" button once.
7. Press the "Right" arrow button again until display shows "Maintenance."
8. Press "Check" button again. 9. Press the "Right" arrow button again until display shows "Manufacturing."
10. Press "Check" button again. 11. Press "Right" arrow until display shows "Clean NVRAM."
12. Press "Check" button to clear nvram.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or solid color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, please try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge installed (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed). If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, please let us know. This includes any print quality issues - we need to know if the problems you have with your black or color are based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software.
If the self-test prints your test bar(s) clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault.
All cartridges are new...report shows 0 pages for yellow left yet all others added at the same time show thousands of pages left. Everything printed is in black with no color. BTW: I have 3,000 pages left with black cartridge and the display says I need black.
HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer - Installing Print Cartridges
When a print cartridge approaches the end of useful life, the control panel displays a message
recommending that to order a replacement. The printer can continue to print using the current print
cartridge until the control panel displays a message instructing to replace the cartridge.
The printer uses four colors and has a different print cartridge for each color: black (K), cyan (C),
magenta (M), and yellow (Y).
Replace a print cartridge when the printer control panel displays one of the following messages:
Replace yellow cartridge, Replace magenta cartridge, Replace cyan cartridge, Replace black
The control panel display also indicates the color that should be replaced (unless a
genuine HP cartridge is not currently installed).
Change the print cartridge
Turn off the printer.
Open the front door.
Do not place anything on the transfer belt (ETB), which is located on the
inside of the front door.
Remove the used print cartridge from the printer.
Remove the new print cartridge from the bag. Place the used print cartridge in the bag for
Grasp both sides of the print cartridge by the blue handles and distribute the toner by gently
rocking the print cartridge from front to back.
Do not touch the shutter or the surface of the roller.
Remove the orange shipping locks and the orange shipping tape from the new print cartridge.
Discard the shipping tape and shipping locks according to local regulations.
Align the print cartridge with the tracks inside the printer, and using the handles, insert the print
cartridge until it is firmly seated.
Firmly close the front door.
Turn on the printer. After a short time, the control panel should display Ready.
If a cartridge is in the wrong slot or is the wrong type for the printer, the control
panel will display one of the following messages: Incorrect yellow, Incorrect magenta,
Incorrect cyan, Incorrect black.
Installation is complete. Place the used print cartridge in the box in which the new cartridge
arrived. See the enclosed recycling guide for recycling instructions.
If a non-HP print cartridge is in the printer, check the printer control panel for further instructions.
When replacing or changing a black print cartridge, a cleaning page will
automatically print. This helps prevent speckles on the front or back of printed documents.
A cleaning page can also be generated using the control panel or the HP Toolbox.
HP, in order to sell more ink, monitors the expiration date of the cartridges installed. Solution is either to buy a new unexpired cartridge from HP or to disable the date monitoring built in to the printer. This latter is done by removing the button cell located inside the D135 printer on the left hand side or by simply slipping a thin piece of plastic between button cell and metal contact. You will no longer have date function on printer, but it won't object to expired cartridges either.