Here is what the TI knowledge base says about a calculator failing to turn on
For the TI-Nspire™ Family:
- Remove thekeypad (for TI-Nspire) or the battery door (for TI-Nspire CAS) andremove at least
1 battery from each column of batteries. After 2-5seconds, reinsert the
batteries and turn the unit on. This will causethe unit to reboot the
- Remove the keypad(for TI-Nspire) or the battery door (for TI-Nspire CAS) and remove
atleast 1 battery from each column of batteries. After 2-5
seconds,reinsert the batteries and LEAVE THE UNIT OFF (do not turn on
and thenback off). Hold down [Home] [Enter] [P], and while holdingthese
keys, press [On]. The device will boot up as in the previousreset, but
will display a menu with the following options. Please tryoptions 1, 2,
3, and 4 in that order. ** The [Home] key is located atthe top right of
the TI-Nspire keypad and has a picture of a house onit.
• TI-Nspire family model options 2 and 4 above require that the OS be installed. The reset menu will only display if the unit is off and batteries have been removed/replaced as described above.
- The most non-intrusive reset option; no changes are made, the unit restarts.
2. Delete Operating System
– The operating system will be deleted without deleting any documents.
3. Delete Document Folder Contents
– This will delete the user’s documents, but will not delete the OS.
4. Complete Format
– This will delete the OS and all documents for a total erase of memory.
Hope it helps you solve the problem.