I have deleted old bookmarks from my handheld 650 and added new bookmarks. Whenever I hot sync the old bookmarks come up again and the new bookmarks disappear. How can I adjust the settings so that the new bookmarks stay on the handheld?
I think the computer overwrites the handheld. You could avoid this by following this steps: - right click hotsync icon on Windows system tray - choose "custom" - double-click the application you need to change - and change it to "handheld overwrites desktop"
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you should go into your computer to my computer. then file programs.look for palm then open. look for your user name open then look for backup file rename the back up file then hot sync the phone then use the same user name it will start up a new back up folder. you might have something on your phone that the phone do not agree with. this should work if you hot sync your phone to your computer.
I changed so that the desktop over-rides the handheld and the hot sync went through. This is not the way I perfer this, but it worked. I have not switched it back to sync the files yet to see what would happen.
FileZ file utility lets you delete the AddressDB on your Treo
Your best bet would probably be to wipe the Contacts database on your Treo 650, then re-sync.
1. Install FileZ on your Treo 650, Why? Because the Contacts DB is not accessible from the built-in system; you need this extra file manager to delete it.
2. Launch FileZ and find this item: AddressDB.
3. Tap on AddressDB to add a checkmark next to it. Hit Details. Hit Delete.
4. DON'T HOTSYNC YET! Just in case, export your Outlook Contacts and store in a safe place. You'll be syncing to a blank address DB on your 650, and although it shouldn't overwrite your Outlook data wwith the blank DB ... better safe than sorry.
5. Now you can HotSync to Outlook.