Question about Epson AcuLaser C900 Printer
Pages are printed with the image moved approximately 20mm down the page
Posted by Anonymous on
An Emulation driver will fix everyones problem... Do this:
1. Click on "Start", then "Control Panel" and then "Printers and Faxes".
2. In the left hand column choose the option "Add Printer". The "Add Printer Wizard" comes up, click on "Next".
3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen choose "Local" and remove the check from "Automatically Detect".
4. Click on "Next".
5. At the "Select Port" screen choose the appropriate port (usually LPT1: recommended printer port).
6. At the install printer software screen choose "Epson" under "Manufacturer" and LQ-1050 for the printer, then click "Next". If you wanted to install the Windows universal driver, choose "generic" under "Manufacturer" and choose "Text Only", then click "Next".
7. At the printer name screen choose "Next".
8. When asked if you would like the printer to be default make the appropriate selections and then click "Next".
9. Finally click on "Finish". You may need your Windows XP installation disk.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Ghosting can be caused by several components: 2nd BTR transfer roller, Photoconductor Unit (PCU) or the Fuser unit. The most likely is the PCU contacts being dirty, caused by toner getting between them. Open the front of the printer (cover B) and lift out the photoconductor. Clean all of the metal contacts down the sides of the PCU with a cloth and wipe out any loose toner from inside the printer and give the contacts inside the printer on the R/H side a good clean. Replace the PCU and close the front cover.
Hopefully all will now be well, if not open cover A and clean the transfer roller on the inside of the cover. If problem persists you will need to get a Tech out to look further as without seeing the printer it is pretty hard to diagnose.
Posted on May 20, 2009
Before printing, the printer checks the paper size. If the paper edge guide is positioned incorrectly, the paper may be fed at an angle. If this happens, the bottom of the paper is therefore at an angle and not perpendicular with the paper feed rollers. This can result in the paper sensor not recognising the real page width as it can only detect a certain amount of the bottom of the paper sheet which is nearest to it.
If only part of the width of the paper is detected, the printer considers that the paper width is less than it actually is. To avoid printing on internal parts of the printer such as paper feed rollers, the printer automatically cuts the image to fit the detected paper width As this phenomenon depends on the paper feeding condition, it can be random.
Reload the paper and make sure it is loaded correctly. All the way to the right and the paper guide correctly adjusted.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you so much, I no longer have a problem. It seems such a simple solution now I know the answer! I thought it was something major."
The default paper height is 12". If you want to change it to 11" you should refer to printer manual and follow the steps. Otherwise if you are using a software for printing. Ask your developer to give following command for setting paper height
Chr(27) + Chr(67) + Chr(0) + Chr(11)
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!