My touch screen is working 75% of the time, the other 25% it will not let you select random letters or numbers, it will select the letter or number next to the one you are trying to select. Using the remote was letting me work around this problem but now my remote has stopped working completely.
I just kept resetting my the calibration and the entire system. Finally my remote works 100%, so even though my touchscreen calibration is still off I can now put in everything I need to navigate with my remote. My remote was totally dead.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem is the screen needs to be calibrated, however this sometimes doesn't work if the touch screen is failing. I saw a lengthy procedure posted here in a different solution I have yet to try. But for the calibration you will go to menu - > display -> press FIND and follow the directions on screen. If calibration fails repeat, or find the other lengthy instructions here and try those. Several people claim they have worked, again, I haven't tried them. Another option is to purchase a remote for the unit. I have one and use it for mine because my screen totally failed. I have since replaced the screen with a junk unit I purchased on EBay but prefer the remote over the touch screen for most things. Remotes are about $30 bucks. If you're lucky you might be able to find a 2610 that includes a remote for around $50 and pick up an extra set of accessories. Good luck and post back if you have any other questions.
Storing a Name and Number in Memory 1. Press the STORE button on the handset, ENTER NUMBER is displayed. 2. Use the keypad to enter the phone number (up to 32 digits). 3. Press the SELECT button. The display shows ENTER NAME. Telephone Operation 17 4. Use the touch-tone pad to enter a name (up to 21 characters). More than one letter is stored in each of the number keys. For example, to enter Bill Smith, press the 2 key twice for the letter B. Press the 4 key 3 times for the letter I. Press the 5 key 3 times for the letter L. Press the 5 key 3 times for the second letter L, and press the 1 key to insert a space between the first and last name. Press the 7 key 4 times for the letter S; press the 6 key once for the letter M; press the 4 key 3 times for the letter I; press the 8 key for the letter T; press the 4 key twice for the letter H. 5. Press the STORE button again to save your selection. ENTER LOCATION is displayed. 6. Enter two digits to enter the location, ranging from 01 to 40. For example, to store the record in location #5, press “0”, “5”. After entering a valid location number, the record will be saved. If the memory location you selected is not empty, OVERWRITE? will show in the display. Press the STORE button again to confirm the current record and overwrite the old one or press the EXIT button to select another location. 7. To enter another name and number in a different memory location, return to step 1 and repeat the process.
It is really close to perfect open a text file put these numbers in save as cal.txt copy this file connect tt to computer go to explorer/aka file manager find tomtom drive and paste it in. That is it. test it out.
Try cleaning the screen with a soft wipe and if that doesn't work your touch screen digitizer needs to be replaced (~$200). Is it a 3G? If so I would schedule an appointment at the Apple store to get it replaced.