An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Fax is on pulse dial
Go to the Utility menu, select "Administrator Settings" (password required) from there , fax settings, telephone line. In here you should be able to set the dialing method. There should only be 2 options, just pick the other one. (PB is for tone i believe)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try changing phone to tone dialing . one phone line has been setup for Decadic dialing and the other line may be setup for tone dialing.
If tone dialing is working on one line but not the other then get phone company to change the dialing type on the phone line.
Dual tone multi frequency is the technical name for tone dialing and is more efficient than decadic dialing or pulse dialing.
Here's what the manual says:
Changing the Dial Mode (Tone or Pulse Dialing)
Your phone can communicate with the telephone network in two different
ways: tone dialing or pulse dialing. These days, most phone networks use a
method called tone dialing, so your phone comes programmed for tone dialing.
If your phone company uses pulse dialing, you need to change your phone's
dial mode. If you don't get a dial tone or can't connect to the telephone
network, follow the steps below to modify your phone?s settings:
With the phone in standby, press and hold [cid/menu].
Press [vol/ / ] to move the pointer to select DIAL.
Press [select/channel] to set the phone to pulse dialing.
Return the handset to the base. The handset communicates the new
setting to the base, and the base activates the setting on any other
Hope this helps out.
The Vetech phone will only support tone dialing. It does have a menu option that turns tone on or off but it still will not allow pulse dialing. I had to change the phone service from pulse dialing to tone dialing to get the phones to work. As it turned out, the phone company no longer charges extra for the tone service.
1) When the phone is in standby mode, press and hold the caller id/menu key. 2) Press the vol/ / key three times to select Dial. 3) Press the select key to toggle between Tone and Pulse. 4) Press the end key or return the handset to the base unit to complete the setting. The handset returns to standby mode. This phone also has a feature that allows you to use Pulse dialing to make calls, but allows you to switch to tone dialing for automated systems (like “Please Press 1 for English) here are the steps for that: Initially make your call with the pulse dialing mode. Once your call connects, press the */tone key. Enter the desired number. These digits will be sent as tone dialing. Once the call ends, the tone mode is canceled and pulse dialing mode resumes.
For the GE electric 2.4 GHZ phone where there is no switch, you have to press the program button and hold until it beeps (talk button will start flashing), then press the tone (star) button and program again. It will beep for confirmation
TONE/PULSE DIALING This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing: 1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep. 2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing. 3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.
If the 900MHZ phone is Model 26928M programming for rotary dial usually goes like below, can't hurt to try on any model.
This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for
touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing:
1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep.
2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing.
3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.