Friend had coke dumped all over the phone a few weeks ago. I do not think he removed the battery when it happened, just dried the surface on his shirt (phone was in his pants pocket at the time).... now the display screen won't operate. He can dial out, txt, etc, just can't see the info on the screen bc it's black. The screen does come on when the cover is only partially opened, but won't stay on when you open it enough to read the screen
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sometimes you can take the battery out while the phone is still on, wait a few seconds, and then pop it back in (this forces the phone to reset itself). If that doesn't work, take it to your local store.
If it's under a year old, it might still be under warranty and you can call 1-800-801-1101 for warranty replacement.
Remove the battery immediately, and use a hair dryer to dry up all the traces of coke. Do it for a few minutes at a time, many times till you are sure that the phone is totally dried up. Then insert the battery and poweron the phone. By using it wet I only hope that you have not short circuited some portion. DO NOT USE THE HEAT while doing it.
sorry to say i think its toast but you can try taking out the battery and phone card cuz i droped mine in a glass of water and i had problems witht the screen at first but then i left it dry out also try putting the pieces in a bag of rice to dry it out but if it still doesnt work i think your just out of luck because the companies warnity doesnt cover water damage.