- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Can you hear the fan spinning on the inside of the PS2? If the PS2 comes on, loads the disc, then shuts itself off, chances are it is overheating and shuts off to prevent damage. There is a small fan on the inside of the Slim PS2 that keeps it cool.
If you press the reset switch and it goes from red to green and immediately back to red without ever turning on, your motherboard is shot. ESD damage.
Haha i understand your distress :) if your slim ps2 is not turning on, first check and make sure that all your wires and stuff are all plugged in to EVERYTHING. also, make sure your outlet works too. corroded electrical outlets wont work. Also, make sure your PS2 cooler is not blocked in any sort of way. if you need any more issues, just ask :) ~~RJ~~
I had the same issue (since Christmas). Today it was rainy, so I spent some time with kids and here is what worked for me
Here's what I did to fix the same problem on my PS2 (Slim model # SCPH-70012). This should work for all models of PS2's. (Slim or Fat). Sony says all models can read a dual layer disc.
1) Start up the PS2 with no disc in it. 2) Highlight the 'Browser' menu and press the 'green triangle' button. 3) Highlight the 'Console' menu and press the 'green triangle' button. 4) Highlight the 'Diagnostics' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'ON'. 5) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu. 6) Highlight the 'PlaystationDrive' menu and press the 'green triangle' button. 7) Highlight the 'Disc Speed' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'FAST'. 8) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu. 9) Turn off your PS2.
10) Insert the disc and turn the PS2 back on. The diagnostics should run and automatically adjust your PS2 to play the game. I was amazed! Mine loaded right up after several previous days of nothing.
11) I checked the settings after the initial load and the Diagnostics and Drive speed reset to normal so it must be a one time run thing. My game has loaded everytime since and I haven't had to re-do the settings at all.
Your PS2 is probably experiencing a short circuit on the motherboard or the Emotion Engine is burned up. Sometimes the fan goes dead and the PS2 overheats and shuts down showing the red light. You can open the PS2 and clean up the motherboard and maybe it will recover.