Question about Acer AL1716 17" LCD Monitor
1. Verify the monitor's power cord is plugged firmly into the wall outlet and the back of the monitor.
2. Verify the monitor cable is firmly connected to the computer and the monitor.
3. Verify that you have turned the monitor power switch on.
4. If the power light on the monitor is not on, test the wall outlet (plug in a light or something you know works).
5. If the power light on the monitor is not on, try a different power cord.
6. If the power light is on and yellow or flashing, but nothing displays, borrow a monitor from a friend. If that works, your monitor probably needs replaced.
Posted on May 28, 2014
I have the same problem on my Acer AL1711. The monitor was out of warranty so I opened it up and found one of the 1000 mf capacitor almost ready to pop. A 50 cents replacement from allelectronics.com fixed the problem.
Not recommended for anyone without experience soldering electronic components to PCB's.
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
More often then not, this is attributed to a failing Backlight Inverter. A Backlight Inverter, is a power board mounted below the screen that actually send power to the Lamp inside the LCD itself. Check to see, when it goes out if there isn't still some images faint in the screen. If this is the case take it to a local repair shop and have them order one and replace it. repair cost for this shuold be around 65-100 dollars.
If this helps, please rate my solution. Have a great day.
Posted on May 16, 2009
If you are going to DIY and have proper tools and know safety precaution then please read on:
Most common failures in the LCD monitors are bad capacitors (bulging top/seal or leaking) in the power supply, blown fuses; poor solder joints, failed inverter circuits (blown fuse, shorted transistors, shorted/open transformers), bad lamps (poor solder connections or worn out lamps). You will need to open it up and inspect the inside, see example of failed ACER monitors to get some ideas what to look for: http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums
Post back what you see inside so we can guide you further and it will help out other people in the future also.
Capacitors kit: http://lcdalternatives.auctivacommerce.com/ he can make you a set of caps for you
Posted on Aug 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
on May 31, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 26, 2014 | Acer AL1716 17" LCD Monitor
Dec 10, 2009 | Gateway MT3705 Notebook
Sep 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 02, 2009 | ViewSonic OptiQuest Monitor
Dec 03, 2008 | ViewSonic VA903B Monitor
Aug 27, 2007 | Hyundai L91A 19" LCD Monitor
Aug 19, 2013 | Acer AL1716 17" LCD Monitor
Jul 08, 2013 | Acer AL1716 17" LCD Monitor
357 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: