New microwave-August 07-finished cooking-fan started by itself then entire unit shut down-no lights/clock/or anything. I checked the circuit breaker and plug which were both fine.
(The microwave was hot, possibly from stove top and microwave cooking, though the plug was not at all.)
Please help! Where are the fuses? do I need to hire someone to copletely remove the unit to change?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: microwave stopped working completely
Fan turned on after cooking because a thermostat got to hot and tripped turning on the fan to try to cool the unit. The unit went completely dead when thermal fuse tripped which is located above the cavity on the left side.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sounds like the cooling fan has came adrift or stopped working , this will cause the magnatron ( the microwave generator ) to overheat tripping the over temperature stat ,so fix the cooling , but be sooooooooooooo carefull in there , microwaves + really high voltages , not really a job for a non electrician/microwave tech
I have model GE Microwave serial # JVM2070SK02. I start to cook something and it shuts off 5~10 seconds. Keyboard is still lit up, but no clock, fan, light and you cannot operate anything on the key pad. Unplug the unit and it resets. Sometimes it cooks, sometimes it doesn't? It is getting more frequent with the shutting down problem?
The problem appears, at least in part, to the door latch circuitry which cannot be serviced by the owner. If the unit is still in warranty, call GE customer care. If not, replacing the unit is your best bet. I just bought a new GE 1100 watt oven with great features for less than $100 If the door dosen't latch correctly, you could be exposed to dangerous microwave energy.