Question about Dell PowerEdge 2600 Server
1) Buy same size/style hard drive
2) Install it in the hot-swap tray
3) Plug it in
4) Open up Dell OpenManage Array Manager
5) Right click on array and select Add New Member
6) Add the new drive to the array
7) Wait for reconstruction to complete
8) Use a third-party tool like Paragon Partition Manager or Acronis Disk Editor for Servers and resize the partition, allocating the new drive.
This can all be done without shutting down the system. You should reboot before using the partition tool, but it can be done without the reboot.
Posted on Nov 01, 2007
What controller do you have and are you doing JBOD?
Posted on Oct 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Nov 27, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 17, 2010 | Fanner SPIRE Aluminium GigaPod External...
Oct 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2009 | Western Digital Passport® WDXMS3200TN...
Aug 14, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jan 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 08, 2007 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: