- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is there any error message displayed on the control panel of the printer just like one of the following:
Scanner failure, power off and on Scanner System Failure Scanner failed, cannot make copies or fax Scanner failure. Unable to scan, copy, or send a fax Scanner failure, cycle power
You may want to try following these steps: 1. Check if the scanner light does turn on when you initiated the scanning process, if not you need to reset the product. 2. Try using your other electrical outlet because your AVR or Surge Extension may not be providing enough voltage for the printer. 3. Try using dirty cycle, meaning you need to directly cut the power of your printer by pulling of the power cord from the rear side of your printer and wait for about 30 seconds before inserting again and turn it on.
If all these steps do not improve your printer functionality, you may want to call the HP online help and ask for replacement.
Try taking the cartridges out clean them
Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is off and let it be unplugged for 60 secs
Plug the power cord back in and wait for the 30 secs and then insert the ink cartridges
it would try to print the alignment sheet... plz complete the alignment and it should work properly after that
these particular tvs are very sensitive to voltage changes spikes etc.first turn off main power switch wait at least 30 sec if standby come on wait another 30 then turn off main power again and unplug tv for 1 min then plug in turn on main switch wait 30 sec then turn on tv with remote resets system.then buy a ups and always wait at least 30 min after turning tv off to turn back on if not causes power failure and after each press of power button wait 30 seconds before trying again lmk good luck
while the printer is on take a damp cloth and wipe the scanner glass and then open the automatic document feeder and clean the scanner glass there and then remove the cartridges and close down the printer now just pull out the power cable from the back of the product and if possible and the walljack wait for 30 secs and replug the printer first to the walljack and then to the printer,now try to scan....(if your printer is wireless then after the above you will have to run the wireless setup wizard again).if that doesn't work,try the same above but just before plugging the printer cable press and hold the power button,if that doesn't work do the same holding the #3 buttons,if this doesn't work then do the same holding down the #6 buttons,if even this doesn't work then call in to hp at 1800-474-6836 and get a replacement
Clean the scanner bed with a cloth if you still have the peoblem then unplug power and wait for 30 seconds and plug back and try to scan if you have the same problem then its hardware failure...........
Scanner Failure, Power Off and On' Message Displays on the Control Panel when Copying or Scanning
Issue The message 'Scanner failure, Power off and on' displays on the control panel of the product. This error usually occurs when trying to scan, to make copies, or during the product start up. Try the solutions in this document until the issue is resolved. It is not necessary to continue to the next solution if one solution resolves the issue. Solution one: Check the scanner light Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. While the product is making the copy, slightly lift the scanner lid to see if the scanner light is visible. CAUTION: Do not look directly at the light. It is not necessary to completely open the lid to see the light. If the scanner mechanism moves across the scan bed, but the light is not lit, click here to service the product . Solution two: Check operating conditions Extreme temperatures can affect the operation of the product. Make sure the operating conditions match those recommended in the User Guide provided with the product. Solution three: Check the power connections
1. Make sure that the product is connected directly to a grounded wall outlet and not plugged into a power strip. 2. Make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. 3. If the error message persists, temporarily move the product to a different room or outlet, and then make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. 4. Check the part number on the power supply to make sure that it matches the part number listed in the User Guide.
Solution four: Perform a power cycle
1. Turn the product off. 2. Unplug the power cord from the product. 3. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the product. 4. Turn the product on. 5. Make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
Solution five: Reset the product Follow these steps to reset the product. Step one: Perform a partial reset
1. Unplug the power cord from the product. 2. Press and hold # and 3 while plugging in the power cord. 3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. If the partial reset resolves the issue, do not continue to the semi-full reset.
Step two: Perform a semi-full reset CAUTION: Performing a semi-full reset deletes any phone numbers that are saved on the product.
1. Unplug the power cord from the product. 2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord. 3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
Solution six: Service the product If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
The "Scanner System Failure" error occurs if the scanner bulb is not heating to the correct temperature or there is some other issue with the scanner hardware
Please follow the below given instructions to resolve the issue.
Please remove the All-in-One Printer from the Power Surge Protector and plug it directly into a wall Power outlet, as the surge protector may not provide enough power to printer.
Please perform the step given below to power cycle the unit after removing the print cartridges from the printer:
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only
4. Repeat steps 2-3 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the USB cable from the all-in-one to your computer.
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.
Note: A semi-full reset will do the following: The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.
Hope, this solution would work for you.