Failure to print
Please follow the below steps.
Please take out all the cartridges and clean the copper contacts with the help of a lint free cloth and the water.
1. Un plug the power chord from the back of the printer.
2. Press and hold the power button of the printer.Wait for 30 seconds.
3. While holding the power button, re-plug the power cable.
4. Turn on the printer, if it is not on.
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1) Press Red Eye Removal & Print Photos button simultaneously
2)Enter Special Key Combo is displayed on the screen.
Press and release in sequence "Red Eye Removal", "Print Photos", "Red Eye Removal"
Display should say "Support" and display the FW rev XXXXX.
3) Press Right Arrow button untill "Reset Menu" is displayed. Press OK.
4) Press Right arrow untill "Semifull Reset" is displayed.
5) Press OK.
Arter all these steps, if the issue still persists, please follow the below steps.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
1. Press and release the “OK” button.
2. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
5. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
6. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
7. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
8. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
9. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
Apr 18, 2010 |
HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer