Re: Why when I have a DVD inserted does it tell me to...
Well the problem you are having there is that the dvd player does not like the disc because it has not been finilised before so you have finilise it first and then it will work perfectly well that is what i do all the time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
* the disk you're inserting is not "empty" -- try it on a different computer;
* you should try a different manufacturer of "blank" disks;
* you need to upgrade the "firmware" inside your CD-writer, to recognize more brands of "blank" media;
* the CD-reader is malfunctioning -- when you "cancel" the burn-attempt, and insert a commercially-produced program CD or commercially-produced audio CD, can those disks be properly read?
* you have two CD/DVD devices in your computer, and you're inserting the "blank" disk into the "wrong" device.
u need a blank dvd, or tell the program your using regular cd, it will be like four dvd's or like 11 regular disks. in some cases it wont work with either, i have seen it where the program just doesnt know any disk is inserted or blank. if thats the case, update the program or contact toshiba
Go to the device manager to insure your optical drive is in fact a DVD/RW. You should also be able to tell by looking at the front of the drive and see what it says. If it says CD Writable or DVD Rom, you cannot do it. Kind of sounds like you have a CD/RW-DVD Rom combination drive, which does not allow the burning of DVD's.
Same here! It would say something along the lines of "this type of disc cannot be played. please insert a different disc." it's the appropriate dvd region, i've tried all types of dvds, and it still won't work. the vhs and cd still works, it's just the dvd player that won't.
Ok try this DO NOT insert the media until you have completed ya assembly... then tell it to "Burn" it will then ask for the media.. at this point insert ya CD... it should be "Detected" and ya Burn should proceed.I have had this work for me before.
Also try Alcohol 120% thats a great Burner. As well as CopytoDVD...