I'm told i have moisture in my phone. battery does't last long . put in new battery. same problem . how do i get the moisture out. shall i put it in a warm oven?can i soak it in a can of alcohol? can i use a can of autu dry gas?
Sorry to say but whatever you do, that phone will never work properly and one day it WILL stop working. Having moisture in your phone is like throwing a radio in the bathtub. It is fried.
I would highly recommend while your phone is still functional (if it is not sim card based) you back up your data (phone numbers and calendar etc) to a desktop or laptop computer.
If you have insurance on the phone most cell phone company providers cover 'physical damage'. So you can place a claim for a new phone. Otherwise, if you purchase a replacement phone from your cell phone company you will have to renew your contract.
You can purchase a phone at risk through outside parties such as ebay, craigslist or a private seller. But before you purchase the phone make sure you have a way to verify that:
(1) The phone is compatible with your service provider
(2) The phone is clear of any past due balance and hasn't been reported lost or stolen. You can do this by calling the phone number into the cell phone provider and providing them with the ESN or IMEI.
For future reference, although seldom mentioned the most common cause of 'moisture' damage in a phone comes from body perspiration that builds up over time. Generally this comes from carrying the phone in your pocket. So purchase a protective carry case -the GPS cases and from the boating stores and the Body Glove Neoprene ones are best.
Hope everything works out for you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try taking off the headlights and remove the bulbs. When you remove the bulbs, there is a gasket. If there is moisture, you will notice that the outside and inside of the gasket is wet. Use a hair dryer and silicone sealant to seal the gasket and the moisture problem shall go away.
There can be many reasons for that. The software can be corrupt which is causing the phone's data to unload and be switched off. The battery may be out of charge. Thus the phone is not getting power to switch on. The phone battery may have caught moisture. Thus the moisture is causing the phone's charge to drain off and not consuming power when supplied. The phone may have somehow undergone some hardware fault. I told this because there are many cases in which the phone's internal mechanism gets broken when it falls down or hits something. Try contacting NSC ( Nokia Service Center ). They will give you the exact cause for it and surely repair it and get it new again !
My wife was having the same problem. She got a software update from Verizon, but it still continued to turn off "randomly". So I looked on the LG site, and a member said the issue is actually that the battery is losing contact with the phone when small amounts of pressure are applied to the back of the phone, like when picking it up, setting it down, pressing OK on the front, etc. His solution was to carefully lift up the four contacts in the back of the phone so that they make better contact with the battery. I tried it, and surprise, surprise, the phone has not shut off since! I would suggest doing this very carefully though, since the contacts are very small and thin. Good luck!
Q1: Please suggest what to do?? A: I would plug in the phone without the battery see what happens if it still gets hot it sounds like its short circuit meaning the phone won’t last long. Q2: Do you think it is dangerous to use it ?? A: It’s hard to say, does it get hot as you use it if so it may burn you. The most that can happen is the phone melt but i can’t see it causing a fire or anything. I don’t want to endanger anyone (first priority) but I don’t want to throw this phone since its expensive device My best advice is to put phone protection on it. Wait a while call it in. pay the 50.00 or whatever it is replace it.
Wish you the best of luck..
on the back of the phone, under the battery there should be a small square or round sticker... If the sticker is white, your problem most likely isn't related to a moisture problem. If the sticker is red, that indicates the phone has been exposed to moisture. if the phone is new, you might want to check with your wireless carrier and see if theres a waranty on it... most phones come with one.
Your suspicions are correct, this is due to water damage. If you ever get water in or on it...promptly take the battery out and put both into a bowl of rice and cover it up. This will draw out any moisture from inside the phone.
If there is still ANY water in it and you try to use it, the phone will short out. You will still get some functionality, but you need to get a new phone.
Sorry about your misfortune, thank you for trying Fixya!