Question about Emerson CKS3029 Clock Radio
Can someone please advise as to the time zone information. Can not find my paperwork on this clock, and I need to make sure the clock is set with the correct time zone. Can anyone assist. I live in AZ (MST) and we do not recoginze Daylight Saving Time,
Using the Emerson CKD5809C manual (also with SmartSet(tm) ),
try Zone 4. TIME ZONE button: "04".
Zone 1: Atlantic Time
Zone 2: Easter Time (Default)
Zone 3: Central Time
Zone 4: Mountain Time
Zone 5: Pacific Time
Zone 6: Yukon Time
Zone 7: Hawaiian Time
As for disabling the Daylight Saving Time (DST) time change I have some guesses to try (not having one of these radios in my hand) or just skip to #4 below.
1. Manually setting the time and see if this disables the DST change.
2. Is there a Zone setting other than above? Like maybe a Zone 0? And then manually set the time.
3. Look at http://www.fixya.com/support/t236208-daylight_savings_time_adjustment for my solution there and try adjusting the DST Start to the same as DST End or DST Start and End with a month of 0 (if that is possible).
4. Or for the really desperate, change the Zone to 5 during DST and back to 4 during standard time (no worst off than with no DST auto setting.) (After I wrote this, I found an Emerson reference to no DST areas, Saskatchewan in this case, in the CKS1850C manual http://www.emersonelectronics.ca/emerson/en/product/details/2383, pg 9, and this is their solution.)
Posted on Nov 08, 2007
It appears that the model CKS2288B is of an old design. I bought mine four + years ago. There is an addendum for the newer models that covers reseting DST to the new dates (2007 forward). However the CKS2288b does not respond to the instrictions in the addendum.
Posted on Apr 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
I couldn't figure out how to change the time zone because I didn't have the manual. Here's how to change time zone:
1. On top of clock you hold down time zone button
2. Push the up or down button to change the time zone. There are 7 time zones. The clock is set at zone 2 -Eastern Standard time. My zone is 3 -Central Time - I then had to manually set the correct time -(I'm not sure why but I did that) To test if the time zone worked properly I switched the time zones and the time on the clock adjusted automatically to the associated time for that area. I, of course, moved it back to zone 3 and the correct time for central time was displayed. I am waiting to see if the time properly adjust when time the DST changes. Also, for the manual: http://www.emersonradio.com/owner_manuals_list.php?ID=157
This is the manufacturers website (Emerson) for the EZ Set clock radio. Hope this helps.
Oct 03, 2013 | H.H. Scott SCR120 Clock Radio
Mar 26, 2011 | SkyScan 86709 Atomic Wall Clock
Nov 10, 2009 | Tomtom ONE XL GB Car GPS Receiver
Oct 09, 2009 | Tomtom ONE 130 GPS Receiver
Apr 27, 2009 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Nov 04, 2008 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Oct 26, 2008 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Oct 21, 2008 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Mar 11, 2007 | H.H. Scott SCR120 Clock Radio
1,265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: