Question about Toshiba Tecra M1 PC Laptops
I have a Toshiba Tecra Laptop that has 1.73 Ghz processor and 512 MB of RAM. I have had this laptop for around 2 or 3 years.
Yesterday, I woke up, turned on the computer and found that it had a vertical, running, dotted line near the center of the screen.
Sometimes it is blue. Sometimes it is yellow.
I would appreciate any help
My name is Vikram Kumar Thumu, from India-Hyderabad. I have seen your message on the issue related to vertical line across the screen . I would like to provide my suggestions on the issue.
I hope that this should work for you and will resolve the issue.
Well, this issue could happen due to below causes:
1. corrupted Display Adapter drivers in PC
2. If the OS gets corrupted.
3. If there is an issue with BIOS
To isolate the issue, I recommend you to try below solutions.
1. Try to work on System Restore if you are using Windows XP or Vista. Sometimes this could resolve the issue.
2. Then try to load the PC in to BIOS, I mean get into BIOS screen and check if there is any vertical line across the BIOS screen. if you do not see such line while in BIOS, then it confirms that this is an issue with Software related and not a Hardware related.
3. If found that this is an issue with Software, then load the pc in normal Mode and then try to uninstall and reinstall the Display Adapter Drivers in your PC. This should resolve the issue. If the issue still persists then go ahead with Reinstall of Operating system. This is only ultimate solution for the issue.
4. If found issue with Hardware related, I mean if you see a vertical line in BIOS screen, try to Flash the BIOS once. It means Update the BIOS. OR load the Latest BIOS that is available for your PC model.
For your convenience, I made alot of search and found a link for BIOS update.
Link is :
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchaddmfmhhlehcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0
Once if you open the link, please select the correct Product type as : "Portables" and then Family as " Tecra" and then select correct model number of your PC and click Ok.
This opens a new web page, try to locate the updated BIOS driver. If you find there is new updated version of BIOS, then please download and install it. This should resolve the issue.
However, if the issue still persists then it confirms that this is an issue with Hardware Malfunction of PC. Then you need to contact Manufacturer on thes issue further.
This should resolve the issue for you.
If you need any further assistance on the issue, you can mail me at [email protected] . I'll be glad to help you.
Posted on Oct 28, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 21, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook
Jan 25, 2010 | ValuSoft 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long...
Dec 03, 2009 | Toshiba Tecra M3 Notebook
Feb 27, 2009 | AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2800+, 2.13 GHz...
Feb 09, 2008 | Toshiba Tecra M1 Notebook
Mar 21, 2009 | Toshiba Tecra M1 PC Laptops
363 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: