Plug the new fan motor, nothing
Sounds as if the Fan Switch may also be faulty. Or the new fan motor is defective. Is the flame function on the electric fireplace working? If the flame function is working, than obviously the fault is either in the fan switch or the new fan motor.
If the motor has a regular receptacle type plug on the end of the cord, try plugging it directly to a wall outlet and see if it works. If you're able to do that, then the problem is in the fireplace's fan switch or in the wiring circuitry going to the fan motor. Perhaps, this is what was wrong all along and not the fan motor, itself.
If nothing is working, check the wall receptacle that the fireplace is plugged into, by plugging in an electric lamp. If the lamp won't turn on, then there's a circuit breaker tripped in your homes circuit breaker panel. Check the circuit breaker panel for a tripped breaker and with nothing plugged into the offending receptacle, reset the breaker. Plug the fireplace back into the receptacle, turn it on and see if it trips the circuit breaker. If it does, there's an electrical short some where in the fireplace. Look for burned or frayed wiring, as well as bad connections.
Hope this helps solve your problem.
Feb 15, 2011 |
Dimplex DF3003 Electric MidSize Heater