The printer is not an ip1600, it is in fact an ip1880 but your system does not recognise the ip1880 as a valid product, so I have called it an ip1600 to get into the system, but it really is an ip1880. The yellow light keeps on flashing and the printer will not print. It flashes 15 times then the green light flashes once, this sequence continues ad infinitum. In the maintenance screen it says that the cartridges are wrong , but the cartridges are the ones supplied with the printer. Please can you tell me how to reset the thing. Thanks, Norman
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you could count the exact number of times the light flashes that would help. If it is 15 exactly, you need to replace your FINE cartridge. If that doesn't help, the carriage may need to be serviced.
This is the REAL working method of manually resetting Canon ip1880 - ip 1980.
1. Unplug the POWER cord.
2. Press & hold the power button.
3. Connect the power cord WHILE holding the power button.
4. Keep on holding the power button for about 30 seconds.
5. Release the power button. The printer should be turned off.
6. Turn the printer on and that's it!
NOTE: You have to do this every time you turn on your printer. Or you will get the waste pad full error.