Question about Amana ASD2326HE Side by Side Refrigerator
I emptied a bin of cubes and, since then, no ice. The unit doesn't even seem to cycle. The cold water dispenser has been slow to respond for a couple weeks before this. Now I notice wet flooring, water dripping down back from ice maker area.
Your water line to the fridge is most likely leaking. You should turn it off right away. The line turn off is either behind the fridge or under sink. sometimes its in basement. The line is very easy to replace. You can get the plastic ones at home centers for under 5 bucks.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: