Question about Computers & Internet
When power is turned on all I get is a long beep repeated every few seconds and nothing on the screen. I hooked the screen up to another computer and it works fine. I unplugged from the motherboard what I think it the power supply (wires in a bundle go to the power supply and also to all the drives. Any ideas? If I could only get info on the screen I may be able to fix it, lol. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
The figure you gave i think is asus board.try to pull the ram and put it back again.dont just pull em out.it has a white clamp on both ends.push that white thing and your ram is loose.hope it works
Posted on Nov 15, 2007
You may be correct about it being a power supply but you need to know the manufacturer of the mother board and check out their website for error codes. Please list your motherboard name and model. A power supply is cheap enough to test your system and you can return it if it does not work. They are real easy to replace too. Unplug your system and leave unplugged for half hour before opening your system. There are 2- 4 screws on the back upper part of your computer and a harness connector that the power to the motherboard goes. It's a good idea to bring in your old power supply to match it with a new one.
Posted on Oct 26, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
You can perform these steps even though the screen is blank.
Hope it helps!
- Turn off the computer, and then remove the power cord.
- With the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power button for five seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.
- Repeatedly press the F10 key about once every second for five seconds after turning the computer on.
- Wait five seconds.
- Press the F5 key. This restores the default settings of the BIOS.
- Press the Enter key. This accepts the changes.
- Press the F10 key. This opens the Save and Exit window.
- Press the Enter key. This saves the changes, exits the BIOS, and then the computer restarts.
- After the computer restarts, the screen should display the HP logo.
Aug 11, 2014 | HP Touch Smart Desktop Computer "brand...
Jan 01, 2018 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2012 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Feb 14, 2018 | Dell Studio XPS PC Desktop
Nov 10, 2010 | Foxconn 975X7AB-8EKRS2H Motherboard
Dec 25, 2009 | Biostar K8VGA-M Motherboard
Aug 05, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 11, 2009 | ASUS P5WD2-E PREMIUM GREEN INTEL 975X...
Jan 25, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite X200-AA3 Notebook
Dec 16, 2008 | Aiptek A-HD 720P Flash Media Camcorder
515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!