HP DeskJet D2460 only prints grayscale through Airport Extreme
My HP DeskJet D2460 USB printer is hooked to the USB port of my new Airport Extreme. My iMac is networked wirelessly to the Airport. Internet connection works fine and I can print, but only in grayscale. Apple Support has been less than helpful. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I was told by HP that I could not use USB over a network. I Called Apple support and was hooked up through my Airport Extreme using USB. You want a better solution invest in a Mac. They have the know how and what they are doing. It's like comparing a Model T to a Cadillac when you tout PC's.
I assume that the printer is set to print in grey scale as below. follow the same procedure to change it to colour mode. If its still priniting in the Grey scale mode, Then please check the ink level in the printer.
Print in grayscale To print in grayscale 1. Open the Printer Properties dialog box.
2. Click the Color tab.
3. Click Print In Grayscale.
4. In the Print In Grayscale drop-down list, select an option.
5. Select any other print settings that you want, and then click OK.