You can install this version of Visual FoxPro from a CD-ROM or anetwork to a local hard drive. You must install Visual FoxPro on alocal drive, not a mapped drive. There is no other preparation requiredbefore installing Visual FoxPro. You must have administrator privilegesto install Visual FoxPro. It is recommended that you run withpower-user privileges to use all the provided tools effectively.
Youcan safely install or uninstall using Visual FoxPro Setup. If you areupgrading Visual FoxPro, you must first uninstall the previous versionof of the program. Though both versions of Visual FoxPro can exist onthe same computer, you cannot install the current version of VisualFoxPro in the same directory as the previous version.
If you planto publish XML Web services using Visual FoxPro, you might want to setup Internet Information Services (IIS) on a Windows 2000, Windows XP orWindows Server 2003 computer. Refer to your operating systemdocumentation for instructions on how to set up and configure IIS.
VisualFoxPro setup no longer installs any Windows operating system ServicePacks or versions of Internet Explorer. It is highly recommended thatyou install the latest versions of these components before installingVisual FoxPro. Additionally, Visual FoxPro 9.0 is supported only onWindows 2000 Service Pack 3 or later. For details about installing thelatest Service Pack, visit the following Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/
Full installation includes all Visual FoxPro program files, online help, and samples files.
To install Visual FoxPro
- Quit all open applications.
Ifyou use a virus protection program on your computer, override it orturn it off before running the Installation wizard. The Installationwizard might not run properly with virus protection turned on. Afterinstallation, be sure to restart your virus protection program.
- Insert the Visual FoxPro CD.
The Visual FoxPro Setup start page appears automatically.
- Click Install Visual FoxPro to launch Visual FoxPro Setup.
- To determine if you need additional components, click Prerequisites to display any necessary components.
- Click Install Now! to install any new components. If Visual FoxPro Prerequisites needs to only update components, click Update Now!
- You might need to restart your computer. When finished, click Done.
Visual FoxPro Setup reappears.
- To continue installation, click Visual FoxPro.
- After accepting the End User License Agreement and entering the Product Key and your name, click Continue.
Visual FoxPro cannot be installed on a mapped drive. You must install Visual FoxPro on a local drive. Do not attempt to use the Map Network Drive functionality in Setup.
- On the Options page, select the features you want to install and click Install Now! to continue.
- When finished, click Done to return to Visual FoxPro Setup. Click Exit to return to the Visual FoxPro Setup start page.
Ifyou uninstall Visual FoxPro while the previous version of Visual FoxProexists on your computer, certain shared registry keys used by theprevious version of Visual FoxPro are removed. You must reinstall thesecritical shared registry keys.
If you run Visual FoxPro fromthe Start menu, Visual FoxPro Setup automatically reinstalls thesekeys. If you start Visual FoxPro using other means, such as running theapplication executable directly, the setup program does not startautomatically. You should use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Paneland the following steps to reinstall the registry keys manually:
To manually reinstall Visual FoxPro 9.0 registry keys
- From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Change/Remove for Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0.
- Click Visual FoxPro and Repair/Reinstall.