An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: how to browse wirelessly using my psp
Turn on your Wifi switch on theleft edge of the PSP. You weill need to setup a Wifi Network connection. You start from the menu screen, and go to the toolbox( Far left). The network setup is at the bottom of the Tool column. Select it and setup a new connection. I am assuming you know the security keys and stuff for your Router. When you get into setup of the connection, you use the D-pad to scroll right from one setting to the next. After you get to the screen that asks you to press X to save, you will have an opportunity to test your connection. Look at the entire test results panel and see if your PSP passed the test and will be able to access the internet. The test results screen will tell you if your connection is capable of internet or not.
After you have setup and saved a Connection in the tools. You go over to the column at the far right. open the internet When the psp asks about connection you select the connection you just created.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
easy to update/upgrade the Playstation Portable (PSP) 3000 system
software to firmware version 6.20. There are two ways to do a PSP 6.20update
- regular file download and network update. We did an update on our
pink PSP 3000 using the network update procedure since our place has
Why did we choose network update in
updating our PSP firmware to ver 6.20? It's much simpler. Here is a
quick tutorial on how to carry out PSP 6.20 update using Network Update
Go to Network Settings to configure your PSP WLAN by setting up an access point.
Under Network Settings, it would be best to choose Automatic to
simplify the process. Your PSP console will search for any wireless
network available nearby.
To Update System Software to the latest 6.20 firmware version, Go
to Network Update. Be sure your battery is full because the update will
fail if you turn off you PSP console or if the unit shuts down due to
lack of battery power.
Method 2: Download File To Update PSP 6.20 Firmware Using a PC. If you prefer to update your console using the download method, here are the simple steps in doing this:
You're somehow trying to connect tothe internet to browse some site using your PSP but it wont let you connectbecause it needs to be configured. There are lots of options you can choosefrom on how to connect your PSP through the net. First of all you need a routerso you can hook up your PSP and use it for browsing.
You may follow the step by step procedure below on how to connect to a wirelessconnection using your PSP. It also includes on how to configure your wireless/WLAN.
1. First, make sure to turn on your PSPas well as the wireless/WLAN switch.
2. Navigate to " Network Setting".
3. Select "InfrastructureMode".
4. Select "New Connection" and Name this connection as you deemappropriate.
5. Now navigateto "WLAN Settings" Select "Scan".
6. Your router should now be listed.
7. Go to "WLAN Security Setting". If you did not select encryption inROUTER SET-UP, then leave the option as "None"
8. If you selected encryption in ROUTER SET-UP, then select the appropriateWEP, or WPA.
9. Navigate to "Address Settings". Select "Easy"
10. Go to "Setting List". Verify that your settings are correct.
11. Navigate to the next screen and press X to save your settings. You shouldget a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection". Press X.
12. You should get two quick display messages. The first should say"connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IPaddress".
From this point you already established a connection and you can now browse thenet using your PSP.
you can only download the version that has been ripped and designed to work on pirated or downgraded psp(as you may know it) you see, there are no places where you can download full psp game that are still in the official format that the psp is designed to work with. the formats available are the .cso and .iso formats which would work only on psp that has been downgraded. anything apart from this, im sorry is likely not to work.
Connecting your PSP to the internet is just like connecting your computer to a router. First to consider is having an access point. So what is an access point? Access point is your router. If you wanted to get started going online using your PSP I suggest trying the following steps below:
1. Just turn on your PSP as well as your WLAN/wiresless.
2. Use the left and right directional button to find "Network Setting".
3. Now look for "Infrastracture Mode".
4. Please select "New Connection" and name it.
5. Go to "WLAN Settings" then select "Scan".
6. Your PSP will now detect your router.
7. Navigate to "WLAN security setting". Just leave the option "NONE", If you dont have an encryption in your Router set up.
8. But if have an encryption in your Router. Then put your WEP or WPA security key.
9. Go to "Address Settings". Select "Easy".
10. Navigate to "Setting List". Check if your setting is correct.
11. Go to the next page then save your setting by pressing x. Then press x again once you get a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection".
12. Next message would say "connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IP address".
You already established a connection and you can now browse the net using your PSP.
there is actually no ethernet port on the PSP. You can use the wireless connection that is build in on the PSP. it works as same as connecting a laptop using wireless connection. if you got a wireless set-up at home you can use it to have the PSP connect to the internet & browse websites.