My VCR is showing 'SAFE' on the display and will not allow us to record our shows. I cannot find the handbook to find out how to turn the safe mode off. We have tried turning the VCR off to see if it will reset itself and pressed every button we can find, to no avail.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Pro-Tect Plus™ Locking Feature
To disable VCR usage or to protect set timer recordings, the unit can be locked so that the
buttons on the VCR or remote control don’t work.
• To Lock: Press and hold either the remote control’s ON•OFF or VCR button until SAFE
appears in the display to indicate Pro-Tect Plus is active. SAFE also appears if the VCR is
turned on while the feature is activated.
• To Unlock: Press and hold either the remote control’s ON•OFF or VCR button until SAFE
disappears from the front panel display. Unlocking is the only way to use the VCR.