- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check using a new USB cable. Unplug everything else plug into USB except for mouse and keyboard. If not work. Un-install driver and software. Download driver and latest software. Reinstall printer using driver only. Then use Paint to test it.
Check if it's a hardware, software or a USB connection problem.
If you are able to make a copy using the Copy button on the printer operator panel, then hardware is good.
Try to disconnect and reconnect the printer into your computer. Then send a print job. If print job is sent successfully, then USB connection is good.
Try to update your printer driver by reinstalling the printer software. If you are scanning a document for editing, make sure the Lexmark OCR scan software is installed on your computer. The scan software is avialable only on the installation disc that came with your printer.
If problem continues, please contact Lexmark Technical Support Center to further troubleshoot this problem.
When you un-install and reinstall please have your Printer removed off- the cable taken off from the PC . Connect only after the new installation is done as the PC will recognize the printer as a new hardware and install.
hope this works or your PC has errors in the OS.
1. The software that came with the printer must be installed for the scan button, on the printer,to work. The software also has to be running.
2. If this is the case, and the scan button on the printer is the only thing not responding and it is still not working, then uninstall the printer software and reinstall follow the directions given with the printer. This usually intails:
Power on the scanner, un-plug the USB cable from it and begin a fresh install.
You will re-connect the USB only when the program tells you and not before. Let it finish.
REBOOT computer and window will find the new hardware. Only do this if you already tried the "1." step first. Sometimes reinstalling the print software will resolve this issue.
Reinstall the software into another directory from its default directory.
Program installation are being copied its default folder directly and in your situation just put it another directory or destination of the file.
Another thing is remove a file existed in Registry by using a a Registry Cleaner/Remover.