I had the same problem for many months and I just fixed it. I did a few things so I am not positive which action was the key but I believe it was the REMOVAL of the locking key. I also oiled the bar the scanner runs on. And I did that reprogram thing where you:
1. press the c button followed by the auto button. Do this twice and the lights go out.
2. press the button so it says "14 copies" and press big green button.
I have a Sharp 1631. I am not an expert.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you are scanning conventional banks, the scanner displays the digit corresponding to
all unlocked banks. To lock out a bank so that the scanner does not scan its channels, press
the letter that corresponds to the bank. The bank's letter disappears from the display.
To unlock locked-out banks, simply press that bank's letter again. The bank's letter
appears on the display and the scanner includes that bank when scanning.
Note: You cannot lock out all banks. One bank must be unlocked at all times.
To lock out a channel so that the scanner does not stop on it while scanning, press L/O
when the scanner is stopped on that channel, or manually select the channel and press L/O.
To unlock the channel, manually select it and press L/O again.
Restoring All Locked Out Channels
You can restore all locked-out channels in a bank only when the bank is selected for scan.
Follow these steps to restore all locked-out channels in a bank.
1. If you de-selected the bank, press SCAN then press the bank's letter.
2. Press MANUAL.
3. Hold down L/O for about 2 seconds. The scanner beeps twice and unlocks all
To delete a stored frequency, press 0 then press E. Channels with no frequencies are automatically locked out hope this helps
That means you have to "Unlock" it physically, there will be a lock/unlock device at the side underneath etc, that you move to "Release" the Scan head. When shipped it is "Locked" to prevent damage. the first time it is used you "Unlock" it.
Actually a very common problem. Try the following:
1. Power down then re-power up the scanner.
2. Try slightly moving scanner. Sometimes a small change works to fix.
3. Change one of your scan setting to flatbed scan (not adf). Do a test scan under this setting. This will usually kick start scanner unit to unlock.
4. Last resort, by does also work...give it a medium slap on the side, sometimes unjams the scanner light.
5. Super last resort, power down over night, it almost always works the next day. (could be that lock up is heat related to scan lamp, dont know but just a guess).
Excellent scanner, so worth the effort to try these fixes.
Many scanners contain a scanning head lock to keep the scanning head from moving during shipping. This may still be still be in the lock position. All scanners are different but check the documentation on how to remove the head lock.