When i breing up there image software and try to scan,copy,or anything with this software that came with the print and installed default on windows xp pro 32bit, I get an error message from not only driver but from the .ini file
for the printer and also there black color is forest green needs more pirple in it be black????......
is there some different software for this unit that will work ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Refer to the printer's user's guide for instructions on how to scan and how to use other features of the printer. You can view the user's guide on your computer by going to the Start menu -> Programs -> Lexmark 3400 Series -> User's Guide. For instructions on how to scan documents or images for e-mailing, go to page 47. You can also download the printer's user's guide (for free) from the Lexmark website using this link: http://bit.ly/cSUqq8. Hope this helps. Thanks.
NOTE: MAKE SURE THE LEXMARK IMAGING STUDIO SOFTWARE OR THE LEXMARK OCR SCAN SOFTWARE (available in the installation disk) IS INSTALLED IN YOUR COMPUTER.
To scan a document using the Lexmark Imaging Studio on ur Lexmark X3470, follow the steps given below:
1. Go to "Start," "All Programs," Lexmark X3400 series, "Lexmark Imaging Studio." 2. Click on "Scan," "Save edit or share." 3. Under "What are you scanning" choose the option as "photo," "several photo" or "documents." 4. Select the location to save as my pictures or other folder on your computer. 5. Click on "start" to scan.
To make a standalone copy:
1. Load the paper.
2. Select the "Copy quality" you want.
3. Open the top cover of the All-In-One.
4. Place the item you want to copy face down on the scanner glass. Make sure the upper left corner of the front of the item aligns with the arrow on the right of the All-In-One.
5. Close the top cover.
6. Change copy settings as needed.
Press "Black Copy" or "Color Copy."
If the Lexmark software doesn't work you could just try using other software. Picasa http://picasa.google.com is a free photo management software and does a great job of printing photos.
You can scan from an application like Word or using the "Get Picture using Scanner Wizard" menu that shows up when you right click the Scanner in My Computer in Windows.