Question about Asrock P4i65GV Motherboard
Bought new ASRock P4i65G mobo. Using Tested CPU Intel p4 3.4 GHz, 2x512 MB RAM, tested, matched. PSU 500W atx class. The first try - mobo with cpu and ram conected just monitor and kb - not in case, as I always try first before assembling box. No power connected yet,
1. Remove cmos battery, discharge cmosram. Battery back. Power cord in, and ... would not start.
2. Try again, again ... started with cmos error ... great! Changed bios settings to deafault, set time/date. Power off.
3. Power UP, start ... nothing, start again ..nothing several times
Repeat step 1 than step 3. Nothing. Got upset, returned mobo to shop. Got replacement - brand new in box.
Mobo not in the case.
4. Cpu/memory as above. Start - it did come up with bios - great.
5. Set time date ...look at other options ....
6. Power down.
7.Connected DVD drive - power up ... start .. bios come on asking for disk.
8. Used Live Linux CD - it has Gentoo, PCLinux and memory test program
9. Reboot ... OK ... selected ram test ... running for few hours ... perfect.
QUESTION - Memory FSB 800 but during test runs 400 is normal ???
10. Power down. Now I am sure is OK to put mobo in to case.
11. Just to test again ... power up, start .... nothing ..... crazy mobo or ???
And it never stated again ... send e_mail to ASRock ... answer "take to dealer for inspection" I thought it is a joke .. (mobo looks OK but has no QA stamps .... funny, I am electronics eng. with >20 years experience).
I can see one solution take to dealer with e_mail from ASRock, and get money back ... AND NEVER EVER even look at ASRock.
ANY other help, solution(s) appreciated .......
What kind of P4 3.4Ghz is it? if it has 2mb of L3 cache, it doesn't work with that motherboard
Posted on Oct 25, 2007
Try getting a slower cpu, I have a 3.0Ghz P4 with 512mb of ram and it works great, I emailed them about upgrading ram and they said: "Upgrading the memory would not affect the Video card, unless the memory is not compatible with the motherboard, then the computer might not turn on at all."
Posted on Oct 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2016 | Computers & Internet
May 21, 2009 | ASUS P5QC Motherboard - Intel P45, Socket...
May 04, 2009 | MSI K8MM-V Motherboard
Feb 14, 2009 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Aug 18, 2008 | ASUS P4S800-MX Motherboard
Jun 02, 2008 | Asrock Computers & Internet
Jun 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!