- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it sounds like the internal fuse has blown. if your handy, it can be done , however,,MAKE SURETO DISCONNECT THE POWER SOURCE BEFORE BEGINNING. if your not 100% comfortable have a trained technition service the unit...
Make sure that the microwave is plugged into a grounded outlet. It must be a 3-prong outlet.
Make sure the clock is set.
Check to see if a programming sequence was entered.
Sometimes improper programming or a program sequence such as delay
start can cause the touch panel to be non-responsive. Unplug microwave
or turn off house circuit breaker for 30 seconds. Plug back in, or
reset circuit breaker, and try reprogramming unit.
Check the house circuit breaker or fuse box. If the microwave is DEAD and there is no display and nothing works- the problem could be a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
I believe I've solved the problem. I had tried the hard reset but then last night I thought about it and decided that since this house was built 22 years ago, I wondered if the electrician had used the short cut method on installing the sockets for electrical power. So, I measured the voltage at the adjoining socket while heating water. The voltage before turning on the microwave was 122.7 volts. After the microwave was turned on, it dropped down to 107.6 volts. I located the circuit breaker and shut it off and then pulled out the dual socket. Sure enough, they had used the time saving technique of stripping the wire back about 5/8 inch and then pressed it into the back of the socket. I figured it would be better with the microwave pulling 12 amps to just take the wire and wrap it around the screws on the side of the plug, tighten them down and then put it back in the box. Turned the circuit breaker back on and reset the clock on the microwave and did some more tests. No problems so far and when I measured the voltage drop, it went from 122.7 down to 119.7 running at full power. Don't remember the wire size but it was adequate. The only other thing I may try to eliminate any voltage drop would be to go to the master breaker box and tighten down the screw on the breaker going to that microwave outlet. I had tightened them all down in the whole 200 amp box a long time ago, but it probably wouldn't hurt to go thru the whole box again.