Question about Brother MFC 490cw Color Inkjet Multi-Function Printer
After I connected to my network, and sent an article to print.. it won't. it says either access denied or error code: 0x000000aa.
This error is because the resource is in use, you need to empty your print queue before you can change ports or settings
Posted on Feb 02, 2011
Hi. First you have to check "Use printer offline" for that particular printer then you have to stop the Print Spooler Service then start it again and only now you may configure the port configuration for that particular printer. After you do that uncheck "Use printer offline" and voila: it works. Good luck
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
Posted on May 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2014 | OKI C5400 Laser Printer
on Jul 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 02, 2014 | Minolta magicolor 3300 Laser Printer
Feb 21, 2013 | HP LaserJet 2840 All-In-One Printer
Sep 26, 2012 | OKI B8300 Laser Printer
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jun 06, 2009 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Mar 16, 2009 | Xerox DocuColor 3535 Copier
Jan 06, 2009 | Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
33,590 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!