Cyberlink.com.. this site allows you to download a trial version of the software that comes in the box with the camcorder that you have. The bundle that comes in the box is the Power DVD, Power Director, Power Producer. After 30 days you would have to buy the software. Until then here are a few tips so that you can still enjoy your movies and pics:
1. Connect you usb
to you computer and camcorder
2. Camcorder ask do you want to playback, backup, create dvd, direct print.... Choose playback
3. Option pops up on your computer.. Select "Take No Action"
4. Go into My Computer and open the E: or Everio_HDD
5. >>For movies- Select SD-Video - Folder PRG002 or PRG001 are where your movie files is located
Drag and drop .MOD files to your desktop **.MOI files are indexes of the .MOD files and will not convert **
>>For Pictures- Select DCIM
- Folder 101JVCSO or 100JVCSO - Drag and Drop to desktop - NO FILE CONVERSION NECESSARY
6. Change the file extension to .MPG
** If you find yourself having
issues changing the file extension, open my computer... select tools... go to folder options.... un-check
"Hide extension for known file types", check it back when your finished if you have kids.. I do for my computer.***
**You are simply creating copies of your files when you drag and drop you movies and pics***
These step will allow you to view back you movies using Windows Media Player until you get your software.
Hope this helpsDon't
forget to rate!!