Question about Computers & Internet
Windows crashed reinstalled xp now say no sound device found tried removing an reinstalling
Check the following,
. Speakers, connecting cables and Sound Card are working fine by connecting to another computer.
. Speaker Cable is connected to an audio port (Audio/Video port in system box).
. Volume is MUTE / Low (in Volume Controller).
. Audio drivers have installed.
To Check follow the Steps:
• Go to Start>
• Control panel>
• Double click on "System" Icon> (it shows the System Properties Window)
• Select “Hardware” Tab>
• Select “Device Manager” Tab> (it shows the Device Manager Window)
• Select “Sound, video and game controllers”>
• Expand “+” symbol> (check the audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers and others are not in Questioned Mark (?) symbol with yellow color. If there need to install the drivers ).
6. If not, insert the motherboad CD, browse>select audio driver>install. After completion, restart computer and check.
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
Have d same problem wit my compaq presario 3000 laptop after reinstalling windows. how do i rectify tihis
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Check for devices in "other devices" in Device manager
Posted on Oct 22, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2011 | Mozilla Firefox
Nov 29, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Sep 26, 2010 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
Sep 16, 2010 | NEC Versa VX Notebook
Sep 03, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition for PC
Feb 22, 2009 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
Feb 13, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Aug 30, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Aug 20, 2008 | Sony VAIO PCV-J200 PC Desktop
Jul 17, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
827 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!