How do I cure blurry printing please?
You don't say what type of printer you have (some have built-in utilities that can guide you to correct things) but generally speaking, if text print is coming out blurry, you may want to look at the following:
1) Check your ink cartridge. Is it dirty? Is it plugged (clogged)? A good cleaning may help by removing your ink cartridge and swabbing the print head nozzle (check your manual for location) with isopropyl alcohol with a cotton Q-tip. Run a test print. Still a problem? You may need to do this about 3 or 4 times before it clears. If your printer head is way down indide the printer, you can get an eye dropper and drop some isopropyl alcohol on it.
2) Check your quality settings. Perhaps someone had changed the settings from "Best Quality," for instance, to "Draft." Make your changes and click Save. Run a test print.
3) Check your paper type. Do you have the right type of paper for your printer? Inkjet printers require inkjet paper, whereas laser printers require laser paper. Mixing the two will produce poor print quality. I am assuming you have normal copy paper in your printer tray, which is fine.
4) Check for printer software updates. Have you tried reinstalling your printer again, especially your printer drivers? If your printer is an older model, perhaps a software update is needed. Go to the manufacturers website and see if there are any new print drivers for your model. Run a test print.
5) Replace your print cartridge. This could simply be an issue of your cartridge being too old, drying up or defective. After installing new cartridge, run a test print.
Hope this helps!
Aug 14, 2014 |