My palm treo 755p power cycles to the access powered screen
My treo 755p when powered on boots to the access powered screen and will not boot completely to the main menu screen. Once the access powered screen shows up the phone will reboot to the screen again. Can you help me?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you have to hardreset your phone it will wipeout your all the data. but it will work
1. Disconnect the Treo from a charger or USB cable. 2. Remove the battery cover and take out the battery. 3. Press and hold Power/Endwhile you insert the battery. 4. When the screen lights up with the logo appears, releasePower/End. 5. Press Up when the Erase all data? prompt appears. 6. Press Up to confirm the hard reset. 7. Go through the steps of setting up the device again by picking a language and calibrating the stylus.
When you see the first screen (the orange one) hold the UP button as the bar moves across the bottom of the screen. Let go right before the screen goes to the silver logo. If it continues and opens Prefs, then you need to delete the program causing it to reboot.
If that doesn't work, do a Hard Reset. A Hard Reset will erase everything on your Treo, so only do it if you have to. Google how to and it will work perfect.
Dhorner64 is incorrect. Your phone is not fried if you are in a restart loop. You need to do a "warm reset" which will not erase data. It is the equivalent of doing a safe boot in Windows. Remove the battery from your 755p, then put it back while holding the up button on the 5-way. Hold the up button as the phone starts. I had to do this frequently, then run the DataViz Tech app, which is available free from DataViz, to fix their prefs file, which was the source of my crashes. The problem was solved by upgrading to Docs2go v11. I was reluctant to pay to upgrade a crashing app, but the upgrade ended the frequent crashes. I have not had a couple resets since upgrading Docs2go, and no reset loops.
try doing a hard reset just make sure you hotsync first so you can backup all your information. Always keep in mind the software you have loaded write it down and the website you got them from along with any registration codes. when doing a hard reset you will lose all the information and programs on the phone basically it will take you back to the way you first bought it.
How to Hard Reset a Treo 755
To perform a hard reset/clean wipe of a Treo 755, do the following:
1. Remove the battery cover from the back of the device.
2. Press and hold the power (red phone) button.
3. While holding the red power button remove and replace the battery from the device.
4. When you see the "Access Powered" screen on the device take you finger off of the power button. At this point, you'll be prompted to erase the device by pressing up on the directional pad.