Error 6500 or green and red flashes 20 times, mean hardware error. Particularly, the Logic Board Assembly
There are two possible fix: first is to reset the printer's waste ink counter and the second is to replace the Logic Board Assembly (part # QM2-2733)Reset the Waste Ink Counter:
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the
Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a
function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
4) When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)For technical help:
- For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) OK-CANON
(1-800-652-2666) during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday
10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET, excluding holidays).
- Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available
Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752
Hope this helps!