Question about Televison & Video
TX-P50XT50B plazma wont power on after I have unplugged it last time it took 12 hours to come on can some one help me please
This kind of problems usually are caused by bad capacitors in the power supply board. I do not know if you can handle it your self or not. If not, please consult someone qualified to do it.
Posted on Jan 09, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
May be the same problem Magnavox is having with their 27MF231d. I found the fix on this site and it took care of the same problem with my set. Not the easiest thing to do, but it worked. If you do not know how to solder, get some help with this one. If you take it to a Magnavox Authorized repair location, they will just replace the bad capacitor with another bad capacitor of the same type and voltage. The problem is they have a 25w capacitor where a 35w capacitor should be. Mine was bulging, with black tar looking stuff coming out of it. It was obviously bad. Follw the instructions below.
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
You need some capacitors changed on your power supply. Easy job if you can use a soldering iron. I have a tutorial in my Tips & tricks. Remove the rear cover and locate the bad capacitors (little plastic wrapped canisters with swollen tops) near the top right of the tan PCB board on the left-mid side of the TV. Note the values written on then (1000uf or 2200uf) then head to radio shack and purchase the replacement parts. Ask for 16v or 25v parts (16v fit better). Replace the parts, put the rear cover back on and you are all set. I hope this was helpful.
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2015 | Westinghouse Televison & Video
Apr 29, 2014 | Televison & Video
Feb 10, 2013 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Jan 17, 2010 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Feb 01, 2018 | Westinghouse WST3504 Microwave Oven
Nov 02, 2008 | Panasonic NN-C994S Convection/Microwave...
Feb 15, 2020 | LG Televison & Video
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: