Question about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I bought this printer about a year ago and until a couple of months ago, worked completely well on all printing surfaces. Now I can't print on any type of paper heavier than normal printing paper. Help! I really need to print on card!
I had the same problem with my 3 year old HP Officejet 5610. Feeding heavy paper or white card stock would result in a paper jam. The card stock would start to feed, but then stop half way. The pinch rollers seemed to spin without advancing the paper, even if the paper was fed one sheet at a time.
Solution: Clean the rubber pinch rollers with isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Partial disassembly/reassembly required.
To access the rollers, remove the scanner plate:
1. Disconnect power, USB, and phone cables.
2. Open up the scanner sheet feeder by tilting it left.
3. Unlatch the scanner scanner feeder so that it opens completely vertical. Latch is on front hinge only.
4. Remove the 4 corner hex screws on the scanner plate. Remove the 2 hex screws on the sheet feeder. (I used a small flat blade screw driver in the hex heads)
4. Lift the plate and sheet feeder away from printer box. Disconnect the 2 flat cable wires from the circuit board.
5. Scrub rubber pinch rollers with alcohol on a swab. Dry thoughly.
6. Reassemble. (NOTE: This is a good time to clean the underside of the glass plate and the scanner head)
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2013 | Epson WorkForce WF-2540 All-in-One Inkjet...
May 24, 2011 | Epson R1900 Printer
Sep 11, 2010 | Dell V313w AllInOne InkJet Printer
Apr 22, 2010 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 04, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart C4180 All-in-One Color...
Oct 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 23, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
468 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: