An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Maytag microwave overheated.
There is a fuse that should be easy to get to behind the control panel. Will need to take the grill off first to get control panel off. Make sure unit is unplugged first. There are high voltage parts in a microwave so you should have a professional do the work if you are not comfortable with it. Would appreciate a solved rating for expert advice.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There typically is an internal ceramic fuse. It is usually near where the power cord enters the oven, or behind the control panel (on over the range units).
The problem you are describing, though, sounds like it may be an open thermal protector on the cavity. Most are diamond shaped, with two wires. Unless the cavity is extremely hot, it should show continuity.
most microwaves do have an internal ceramic fuse either 15 amp or 20 amp the cover has to come off to locate it usually at the top just behind the control board. do not touch the high voltage capacitor as it holds a charge even when the unit is unplugged.
usually these units reset automatically after a shock! It takes time for the over load circuit to reinstate power. If by 5 hours you have no luck , then the internal ceramic fuse has blown ( under top of cover)
wow, from the looks of it you need to unplug wait 60 seconds plug in to restart, ot buy a new microwave. Perhaps if in the microwave terms it didn't say not to do that call the manufacturer and the will replace it for free
REMOVE THE CABINET AND IT SHOULD BE CLOSE TO THE POWER INLET ON THE MOTHERBOARD IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLD GLASS TYE FUSE BUT MADE OF CERAMIC. GO TO www.repairclinic.com ENTER MODEL NUMBER, SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN N CLICK THE RED 100. FROM THERE LOOK FOR PART 634759 1055598 634750 1055589 1469078 ONE OR MORE OF THESE COULD BE THE CULPRIT START WITH THE LINE FUSE.